VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Having A Hard Time Finding A Dermatologist Or Allergist For Imo

Rate this question

Valsacar

Question

During service I was treated multiple times for fungal infections by the PAs at the clinic. These were persistent, and shortly after I left the service I sought treatment at a civilian hospital. After 2 failed treatment attempts I was sent to an allergist whom diagnosed it as Eczema/Atopic Dermatitis. That treatment actually works. I was still within my year, so I added eczema to my claim. It was denied be cause there was nothing in my records, and their doctor stated the two diseases would not commonly be mistaken for each other (which my doctor states is incorrect, and my own research as found is incorrect).

I have an IMO from Dr. Bash for another issue, and he does reference the issues but as that isn't his realm I feel a seperate IMO would make for a stronger appeal. I have a statement from my Allergist, whom verbally said that my previous diagnosis was incorrect (fungal infections) but was not comfortable putting that in writing. He did state that it was very likely that fungal infections during service were secondary infections caused by untreated eczema (due to scratching). He's also told me the fact that I have Allergic Rhinitis (SC) strengthens the position that I had eczema during service (apparently they are related diseases, as is asthma which I forgot to claim and am doing now).

So now I'm trying to find a dermatologist to bring it all together. Problem is, I'm currently working overseas so finding a US doctor that can work mainly off records (I can get any tests done and forwarded to them, as I did for Dr. Bash) has been a fruitless journey.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The whole purpose IMO of the 12 month window is to catch problems that did not appear while on active duty.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use