VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Favorable Alj Decision (Ssdi)

Rate this topic

Barbamatt

Who would I inform at the VA that I am getting SSDI? I still need the official decision letter. I am sure that I got it because the judge said that he approved me and it went on the tape. It would certainly help a lot if I got 100%. I could use the money and dental care.

I would prefer it if I could work...but I get sever symptoms of depression and anxiety that make it hard for me to keep it together enough to hold down a decent job...even when I take a crappy job I still have troubles.

I am speaking to my lawyer to see if I can get help filling a claim. I want to go that way this time. I have always applied by myself and haven't done so well. The last time I used a VSO but I might as well have done it alone for all the help he was. I still had to do most if not all of the work. He just gave me the forms to fill out. I guess this time if I have a lawyer the VA will know that I am serious...and besides they already have a file from my SSDI claim.

Fill out a 526ez include an va form 21-8940 that states reason you can't work is sc mdd/anxiety and Ava form 21- 4192 employment questionnaire from last employer (doesn't matter how long ago. They need last year of employment). And finally state on 8940 awarded ssdi I'm June 18 2014. Va will go get those records. It won't kick you out if FDC as long as they get federal records. Good luck and hope you get you deserved va benefits

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not sure and have a Service Officer get them to help you. The foprm is best but you can also wrote the VARO and request them to enter into evidence that you have been awarded SSD give them your social number and your claim number if it is different.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use