VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Favorable Alj Decision (Ssdi)

Rate this topic

Barbamatt

9 hours ago, OIF for none said:

I am 80% sc, paid iu. I applied for ssdi and had a ALJ take my VA records and lied about what they say in his denial. I am 70% PTSD, and 10 for back, 10 for ringing in my ears. I've done track 1-3 for alcoholism. I lost my license and kids due to PTSD , how the hell can he still deny me?

The OP(Original Post) is very old one of the elders should make your post separate or you should start your own post to get more responses.  Keep in mind that ALJs are just like VA in a sense that they all are not veteran friendly and you and or your attorney will have to appeal to the courts. You will always meet stupid people that don't agree with you or have their own opinion about your medical/mental condition. Your attorney should advise you to go ahead and file a claim to the courts.

Congrats on your SSDI win. Yes if SSA awarded you solely on your VA Service Connected issues like they did me you will get TDIU, its only a matter of you filing for the TDIU and sending them your SSDI letter/decision once you get it. The VA should in fact award you TDIU on the same date SSDI said you became disabled because of the VA Service Connection issues. Do NOT, I say again, do not let the VA give you some bogus off the wall date for TDIU retro like they did me. They cheated me out of a year of TDIU 100% because they did not want to pay me that much like they should have. I am now asking for the retro they owe me. They are suppose to go by the date SSDI says you became disabled.

I wasn't going to fight this but I realized the VA has put me through so much hardship because of IMOs I had to pay for that I need to recoup that $$$$ because of their dumb stinkin' thinkin'.

Do not let the VA push you around, stand up to them. They will try to test you but do not give up, fight them and put them against the corner. My suggestion is you get the Veterans Benefits Manual from lexisnexis;   http://www.lexisnexis.com/store/catalog/booktemplate/productdetail.jsp?pageName=relatedProducts&prodId=12734

Read it and learn the ropes because you can win your case without an paying over $$$$ to an attorney who uses the same exact books. IT has everything you need to know about the claims process.

Good Luck..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use