VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% Rating 100% Tdui Not Permanent - Help

Rate this question

Nyan Nyan

Question

Hi so I just check ebenifits and saw my update. It says I'm

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes

Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 80%

The effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 01, 2013

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because your case is scheduled for review on: June 01, 2019

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on: June 01, 2019

My disability is 50% chronic major depression and anxiety and 30% digestive. Why in the world would they not make my tdui perm? I have been 30% for both since 2006. It's not going to be changing. How do I go about getting it perm? Is this a tough process?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I hope you are successful in getting the P&T.

In the meantime, some states will pay the tuition for the children of disabled veterans. For example, in California any veteran with any service connected condition can have the entire tuition waived at all state schools including the UC, the CSU and the community colleges. Check into your state vet benefits & see if they offer anything like that.

The effective date is very important and something va frequently screws up. What are the details regarding the first date you filed?

Edited by NavyWife

• HadIt.com Elder

If your doctor's say your condition is permanent and the VA denies this thus denying Chapter 35 benefits I would appeal it. It takes the VA a year to review your appeal and by that time you can get more evidence to show your condition is static. I did this, but it may not be for everyone. I was tired of waiting on the VA after years of appeals and denials. I am thinking about appealing the date of my P&T since that claim that evolved into TDIU P&T was on appeal since 1997, but the VA effective date was 2003. I may have to CUE it.

John

Consider appealing this decision. If you have been 30% for two conditions since '06 and they just increased one to 50% ? At the very least when '19 rolls around and your condition has not improved then you have a very good shot.