VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 Social Security Numbers

Rate this question

kris

Question

When I recieved my 201 files the first time, I recieved 13 pages. My social security number had been hand changed by one number on all my pages but 2. Where a 8 had been typed it had been hand changed to a 6. I have sent for my 201 files 3 times, and each time I only get a few more pages. I do not understand why they can't just send me everything they have instead of a few more pages each time. My SSN on the new pages have been hand changed to from and 8 to a 6 also. In other words I am missing almost all my 201 files. I have requested that the personnel center go into the other persons files and see if my records are in his file, but they have told me that they can not do that.

And on my DD214 that I recieved from the personnel center which was different then the orginal one I got out with has under Authority and Reason:

Para 5-14 AR 635-200 SPD JBM which means that that I concealed an Arrest record before joining the military which is impossible never happened. However on my orders that released me from the military had LBK under authority and Reason. I did serve my full time and got out with an honorable.

What I am worried about is if I have the wrong SSN number and my records can't be found, I do not know how I am ever going to prove what I am trying to tell the VA.

The major reason for my first denial was because they could not find certain things in my medical records and in my personal files. The reason for lack of records is the wrong SSN.

How can I fix this. I did send in the paper work for to change my SSN and they did change it, but big deal thats now not then. Also I know they have more records on me because like I said the 3 times I have sent for my 201 files, I have gotten just a few more pages each time. What gives

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Are you getting these piecemeal 201s from the VARO or from NARA?

I never believe what the VA says is what they have- NEVER-

Also you can request a copy of your c file by mail- and for me this was a good idea because I dont want to get even close to my VARO-

If I had been there in person ,instead of at home when my c file copy came- I would have raised Hell with a capital H because all the stuff they said they nevet got- was right there in the c file I got copies of.

As I poured through it here- I cursed like you wouldnt believe---at important documentsappeared that they said did NOT even exist.

Three of the documents they said in 1996-1997 and most recently in a letter I got last month-

I copied right from my c file and they all support my CUE claims.

They cannot pull adenial under Bell V Dersinski on me either because these documents prove the VA had constructive notice of evidence after the Bell 1992 delimiting date.

Going there in person as Larry said is good if you have witness and a list-otherwise it can be too emotional to even find what you are looking for.

By mail-it takes about 3 weeks- you get it all-

Check this out men and women- the copies I got were all pretty good except for 3 med recs that were most significant to my claim-(which had been filed already)

the copier made sure that on these three important chemistry reports, no one could check the

blood test results with whatever test they gave Rod.

They slid the records over to make sure that no one could use them in accessing my medical evidence.

It took me over 2 months to get better copies.The crappy ones came in 3-4 weeks.

The originals I had here and had sent to the VA were perfect. But I had to make sure the c file had the corrected copy.

You can send back anything in the c file that isnt yours. They make a lot of mistakes.

Edited by Berta

Thank you all for your input.

The 3 different copies of my records came from the NARA. I had called them the first time after recieving my first copies of my records to see how to get my complete file. The gentleman a the records center told me it was common to only get 13 to 20 pages the first time and to write them requesting completed records the second time around. I did, and recieved just a few more pages then I got the 1st time and a 3rd DD214.

I called them again and asked them how do I get my complete records. This time they told me to write a letter with the freedom of information act in it. I did. This guy at the records center called me at work and told me I should never of put the freedom of information act in my letter. I told him he was the one who told me to write that, he disagreed and ask me exactly what I wanted. I told him I want my complete 201 file. Did I get it, NO I got a few more pages I didn't have before, for the 3rd time.

I must be going about getting my records all wrong. Who do I talk to.

Thank you for your help Kris

• HadIt.com Elder

Who do I talk to.

God?

No, never mind. The VA is even beyond His help.

Sorry, I just needed a little humor, or I needed to spread a little humor. My bi-polar has got me to where I want to either go crazy(ier) or just go sit under a tree......somewhere.............for a long time.

Larry;

Remember I am new to this board as I am sure many other Vets are. Prehaps my saying who do I talk to was the wrong thing to say. You see my friend I have been to my congressman office, they can not even get my 201 files, so they sent what they do have off to the pentagon along with other people I served with who have the same things on there DD214's and also have more then one DD214. I am on this forum to learn. And I thank you for that.

I know that I have been told to get my C-file and I will, thanks to this forum. I had never even heard of a C-file until I started reading your posts here.

Please do not find this question ignorant but are your complete 201 files in your C-file.

Hope your Bi-Polar is on the light side today. PEACE