VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice With Va Claim

Rate this question

JA852

Question

First time poster here! I have a on going claim with the VA for a heart condition and IBS. Since the VA has taken such a long time, I applied for SSDI and was approved because of heart conditions and IBS. I asked my VSO at the DVA if I should sumit the positive SSDI report to the VA and was told "NO", do not as they are a different agency. It seems to me that if SSN granted me SSDI for the same disabilities, this info could or should have some bearing on my VA case....... especially since they are the same disabilities. I could summit the SSDI findings in the ebenefits website without going to the DVA. Should I summit it?

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You yourself are your best advocate whether you have a VSO or not. Try to educate yourself about the VA disability claims process with the information found on this site as well as other reliable sources. It is a continuing process. If you meet all of the requirements for a valid claim, you will eventually prevail. Don't give up.

Finding a good VSO is like finding a needle in a haystack. Most are mediocre at best. Georgiapapa gave you excellent advice. There is a great wealth of advice to be obtained here from brother and sister vets who are experts in the VA claims jungle. Ask and learn. And just so you know, the only dumb or stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Shameful.......... Another misinformed VSO not working in the best interest of the Veteran. Any medical documentation regarding the contention is always good. The VSO is misinformed.

Finding a good VSO is like finding a needle in a haystack. Most are mediocre at best. Georgiapapa gave you excellent advice. There is a great wealth of advice to be obtained here from brother and sister vets who are experts in the VA claims jungle. Ask and learn. And just so you know, the only dumb or stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

I don't have personal experience with a VSO, but I learned early on in the VA disability claim process that YOU will always be your own best advocate. Acquire knowledge on forums such as this, be prepared, be on time (appointments), be succint and accurate in answering questions (i.e., don't ramble), be polite and last but certainly not least: BE PATIENT. VA staffers are facing a "Mt Everest of claims" and are just as human as we claimants. I don't think any of them seeks to delay claims.

I would definitely submit the SSDI information along with any medical evidence used in you SSDI case to support your claim. I was just awarded SSDI and plan on using that to apply for TDIU and or a rate increase. You should be able to do the same.

I don't know why your VSO told you not to submit it...seems that he/she doesn't know what he/she is saying. It's too bad too.

I've been out since 2006 and have had to work hard to get what I have earned and deserve. I still don't think that I have a high enough rating, but I am constantly working on getting it. Don't give up the fight because they will make you prove everything. SSDI is good evidence.

IMHO NEVER USE A VSO. Do the claim yourself. This web site is good place to start. Used VSO twice, and gave me bad advice twice! Best thing to do is do the claim yourself.