VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim, Note The Vbms Detail

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Sent the VARO a new claim on June 2, 2014, went to eBennies yesterday and saw this: note the VBMS notation. This must be the one where they scan and put everything into VBMS. This is also the claim that my certified mail said was forwarded to Newnan, Ga.I sent them everything I could possibly think of and yesterday their automated 5103 response states they need more evidence. WTH! BTW: what is an automated 5103 esponse?

Hamster Man :tongue:

Details of Your Claim

Claim Received: 06/04/2014
Claim Type: Compensation
Estimated Claim Completion Date: 03/08/2015 to 09/01/2015

Contentions: VBMS (New)

Next Steps:

We will review all available evidence and make a decision on your claim upon receipt of all requested information as outlined in the headings, "What Do We Still Need from You?" and "What Have We Done?".

Several factors will determine the duration of the "Development" phase, including:

• type of claim filed
  • number of disabilities you claim
  • complexity of your disability(ies), and
  • availability of evidence needed to decide your claim.
Additional Details
  • Regional Office of Jurisdiction: help_icon.gif

St. Petersburg

• Send Documentation To

Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office
    Regional Office
    PO Box 1437
    St. Petersburg, FL 33731

Upload Documentation

What Do We Still Need From You? Your Attention is Needed

Automated 5103 Notice Response

Date Requested: 06/26/2014
Due Date: 07/26/2014 help_icon.gif

Hello All, I am new to the claim process and new to this site. I got out in 1992 and had no idea or info about filing a va claim but listed eveything that was going on when I ETS'd. I enlisted in national guard and did 13 addional years with the same medical issues I had on active duty. Still had no idea I could file a claim after being a patient at the va clinic for same issues. Fastforward. An old 1st sgt found me on facebook and asked me what sc disabilities did I get when I left. I told hom none because I didnt know I could, so he gave me the low down on what to do to file claim. I did that in nov 2013. I had c&p exam today, it was crazy to say the least. I filed shin splints, ankle strain due to stress fracture in basic training, also migraines that started after the birth of daughter which included high bp, preclampsia and depression. The exam was bad bad bad. No xrays no.measures, nothing but about 20 questions. I was then told my swollen legs and ankles were not due to shin splints even thou my legs look like a spine. He also said he was notating my headches as NOS because he couldnt explain what kind they were. Sorry to be so long winded but I already know this does not sound like it went in my favor. Help please. Also I had medical records with me to add other things and he would even acknowledge those.

• HadIt.com Elder

You must have a nexus to show your disability happened in service and you still have it. Secondly you need medical evidence that your present disability was caused by something that happened to you in service. You should show that there was continuity of symptoms if not treatment since first onset. To have a bad c&p is almost standard where they ask for no tests and just guess. If you are denied or low balled appeal and get more evidence. I have done this many times as have we all. You are not alone. Welcome to the Monkey House.

John

Thanks for you response. Just what is this nexus? My SMR is full of evidence of sick call, xrays, physical therapy, etc. I also included records from Orthopedic doc for legs. My VA medical records were included and I have my private medical records as well but I was told that I did not need to submit those because I would be given the C & P exam. They have it all! One of my major concerns is the NOS that the examiner said he was diagnosing my migraines/headaches. Is that an automatic denial?

• HadIt.com Elder

The nexus is the link between your present disability and your service. You must submit your private medical records if they show a nexus, and it is the same with VA medical records, and SMR's. The nexus is probably in your SMR's, but you have to point it out and connect the dots to the present disability. The C&P exam is just the first step. When I got back from Vietnam I was crazy as bat &^^% and the VA using only their records gave me a low ball rating of just 10%. It took many years to beat that low ball rating. I was dumb and trusted the VA to make an actual rating based on my inability to work at the time.

John

Vbms is the varos next greatest thing since slice bread. Here to stay. Too much money pissed away on it to turn back.

QUESTION: Can I, the veteran, access the VBMS? If so... Where? How? When?

Edited by HorizontalMike

vern2:

I also filed a Disability Claim about 6 weeks ago but have received very little status in; 'ebenefits' besides the claim is being "reviewed' but nothing in the mail? I would have at least received some kind of status like you did? I turned in two "hard copy binders" volumes of medical records, evidence and I learned that contractors were later tasked to rescan everthing into VBMS. I was given a completion date of 18 months in ebenefits for completion despite the fact that it's an FDC? The VSO said that this is a timeframe that everyone is given now. I also went through a tremendous effort to get all (both civilian and military) of my records as well as 14 DBQ's to strengthen my case. My VSO was nice but very little help beyond being more of clerk? Also, unfortunately, she continues to give other vets advice that is delaying them as well now? I think VSO should all go thru some sort of certification process before they can officially give out advice? The good news is that I'm already working to replace her as my VSO with a representative who has a much better track record. Frankly, I've learned more from the Forums at Habit.com than anything that I received from my VSO and am very thankful for this site? One recommendation from Habit.com was to make an appointment with the Regional VBA Customer Contact Team and review the submission of my C-file and I've made that request. It will be interesting to see how long it will take to get contacted by them for the appointment. This is to ensure that everything I sent in made it to the VBA? I understand that the VSO pull paperwork from a claim if they fell it is necessary?