VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Waters Ao- This Is What I Feared

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have tried to get this message out to reflect the point of NVLSP_ file the claim before the VA takes steps to change all this- Haas is Law of the Land and that can change anytime!

This is what I mean!

http://vawatchdog.org/old%20newsflashes%20...9-15-2006-1.htm

"VA NOT PROCESSING AGENT ORANGE CLAIMS FROM "BLUE WATER

NAVY" VETS -- VA contemplating appeal of Court decision granting

Agent Orange benefits to "Blue Water Navy." Claims put on hold

at Regional Offices. Vets to get letter of explanation."

They will try for a Stay in these proceedings- that means the claims are held in abeyance until the regs VA either succeeds or loses-

my bet is- with enough pressure from vets the VA will lose this attempt and Blue Water will succeed.

If you are a AO vet-file the claim-

If your vet rep or SO says no wait to see how this turns out-and then file the claim- dont listen and file the claim.

This article says the RO isnt processing AO Blue Water claims- tell me about it- the ROs aren't processing

MOST claims any how-AO or otherwise-

They are swiftly skimming through many claim, coming up with some BS denial statement, failing to send the veteran proper VCAA notification, overlooking evidence and-then a few minutes later-once they deny it ,flip in onto the outmail rack, they can add one more claim to their list that they "worked on" that week for the Morning Reports.

It is BS but nevertheless I say if you have an AO presumptive and are Blue Water -file the claim.

Even if a stay occurs- (I was in the Gardner Stay and Moratorium for my Section 1151 claim in 1995-1997) the minute the stay is lifted they have to work on stayed claims.

Edited by Berta

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

I read (on VVA Talklist, I think) what Alex had to say on this subject. I thought I saved the Email, but must had deleted. If the Stay is granted, the VA will have this overturned. So from what I remember it is VERY IMPORTANT that the Stay not be granted. Just when you think the VA might be forced to do the right thing,

are they going to have it overturned in court. I hope not.

Don

• In Memoriam

I recieved my denial for AO claims, from the VARO, last week. The special note was that, "No boots on the ground".

I was sent CVAA letter, for these AO claims, and have a Fasting blood sugar test Tuesday 9/19. CVAA letter will go in Tuesday after the test, with a note to add the test.