VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

President Picks New Secretary

Rate this question

Commander Bob

Question

I hope he has the veteran's best interest at heart. Just listened to the press conference announcing the appointment of the new VA secretary Bob McDonald. McDonald is a airborne ranger veteran, his father was a vet and his father in law was a POW. Hopefully the politicians on both sides will support him, give him the necessary resources he requires and give him a free hand to do his job. Only time will tell if McDonald succeeds and the VA regains the trust of military veterans.

McDonald stated his appointment is very personal to him and he wants to make the VA more effective and more efficient. I pray that he succeeds.

Hopefully, with his corporate knowledge and his veteran ties, he can succeed. It would be a plus if he was given a voice in the selection of the replacement for the rabbits who fled the central office. Much better to have someone he can actually trust instead of a political appointee just there for the $$. JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as the VA health care system remains a hospital system instead of an out patient system it is going to fail in its mission. How many would trade their VA care for Tricare, Medicare with prescription benefits, or ChampVA? Give me Tricare and I will pay the premiums as they are now. I will never go near the VA. I am 100% SC, and I stand in line with guys who have no disability rating. The VA still bills my private insurance for 90% of my care. I am just going half a dozen times a year as it is, but the joint is filled with the poor and destitute. I didn't know it said VA Charity Hospital out front. The homeless can have it with my best wishes.

John

I hope the new VA Secretary does well. I will try to remain optimistic...there is a lot of improvement needed and we need someone who is up to the challange. Maybe this guy is the one who will rise up and do it.