HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021 ×

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

11%
    $175.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021

Brothers Need Help! To Many Bogus C&p Exams Alabama

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we can file complaints with the doctors licensing board and malpractice suits against individual doctors for throwing CP exams. Its clear thats whats going on, they arent that stupid . They are doing what the VA want them to do. Downplay and deny claims by manipulating CP exams. they do things like check all of the boxes in a CP exam worksheet that would indicate moderate depression and warrant a 50 percent rating, but at the end in the comments section they list condition as mild so it gives the raters the option to lowball you with a 10 OR 30 percent claim. yet the symptoms call for a 50 percent rating.

another trick they do is say that the ilness is painful or unstable in the comments section, but underneath where its asks if it is painful they check NO. That is another way they give the raters the tools to screw you.

I would bet money if I had it, that I could read 1,000 CP exams and find major errors on at least 75 percent of them. The CP exam is what lays the ground work for the denial. Just look at how the system is set up. If you go to the VA for a CP, they are there working for the VA. And you know what there priority is, to keep the VA happy. If you go to an outside contracted CP exam, you cant even see the results of that CP exam, until after your decision. If they want to be real deeks, you might never know the results of that exam, or it may have to be extracted out of the VA by an attorney. WHY DOES THE VA NOT GIVE THE VETERAN IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO A CONTRACTED CP EXAM? Are they hoping most veterans will never request to see it, and later on if they do, the va can lose it? Those CP exams are paid for with taxpayer money, our money, so we should have free and clear, unfeddered access to that exam. Its just another way for the VA to put distance , disconnect, and time in between the veteran and his evidence. The CP exams that are contracted out results should go directly into the vets file at the VAMC, and then copies forwarded to the RO. The VA hides behind the falacy of operating in a vet friendly system, where they take care of everything and we dont need access to evidence. Like we are supposed to just put full trust and confidence in them to do the right thing. The truth is, most vets lost confidence in the VA to be fair and accurate many, many, moons ago.

Actually they do go into veterans file if done by a contract examiner. The problem is that the contracter which is called QTC exam which the VA pays somewhere in the lines of $300 for the outside contracter, once the exam is done, the QTC contractor takes their time releasing it to the VA Regional Office. We as VSR's have to keep checking the systems and having someone call them asking when they were going to release it to us at the RO so we can rate the claim. VERY SAD cause the VA pays that $300 each time and so if the exam is canceled for a Vet and they reschedule, it will cost another $300 so it is very expensive so you would think paying this contractor, they would do better. Tell this to your congress so they can change this terrible process.

Actually they do go into veterans file if done by a contract examiner. The problem is that the contracter which is called QTC exam which the VA pays somewhere in the lines of $300 for the outside contracter, once the exam is done, the QTC contractor takes their time releasing it to the VA Regional Office. We as VSR's have to keep checking the systems and having someone call them asking when they were going to release it to us at the RO so we can rate the claim. VERY SAD cause the VA pays that $300 each time and so if the exam is canceled for a Vet and they reschedule, it will cost another $300 so it is very expensive so you would think paying this contractor, they would do better. Tell this to your congress so they can change this terrible process.yes

yes it goes into the C-FILE, not the medical records at the VAMC until the VA is done with it . Getting a C FILE can take months and months. if we had immediate access to the CP exam, we could argue incorrect issues and fix alot of problems. Evidence wins claims, and we have a right to the evidence. why they stall giving us access is not helpful to our claims.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By J.Robbins
      I’m in final review for about 40 days after spending almost 5 years in legacy. Peggy says almost done but no date. They have everything since 5/1. I thought ramp was quicker .I opted in 5/13.
      I get close then it gets sent back. No one know anything.All you can do is wait
    • By CA84VET
      VA received my RAMP appeal on March 13 and still no answer after 142 days.  Is this unusual?  Any STATS out there on how long some of them go over?  Peggy gives me different answers every time I call in beginning with very few go over the 125 to at 135 days if you don't get a letter in 30 days call us back.  Nothing worthy on vets.gov  My VSO is clueless and gives me only what I get myself.  What is the point of RAMP if there is no real deadline at all, not even a few days over? 
    • By Lemuel
      I tried to find the DBQ for TBI from the download list.  It is missing in action.  Is this because of the revision in process of 38 CFR?  I need it to get an neuropsychological assessment done by protocol by a local source.  The VA is insisting they cannot use a local contractor and that I must travel to Denver, 3.5 hours away for the assessment.  The remand didn't specify it be done by a VA qualified psychologist.  Only that it be done in protocol which the last one wasn't.
      Looks like I'll have to go to the CAVC with this.
    • By asknod
      This is an important guide everyone should read.
      https://asknod.org/2016/11/02/how-to-ace-any-va-compensation-pension-exam/
    • By rootbeer22
      Folks:

I've learned three important lessons from the VA Disabilities Claims System recently. One is that even with the best preparation, you can get tripped up by the complexities of the rules. Today, I looked at one of my deferred claims that I thought was solid for round 2 and realized that the APRN that did the CP Exam did a "guesstimate" on the Shoulder ROM Measurements and they were way off? I actually spoke to another Vet last week that had a similar problem and realized that it was that same APRN that I had? So despite talking to her boss and making a complaint, it made little difference to make a change? Secondly, is that I've started to learn better patience and that something will happen when and if it's going to happen...and worry does not change that one bit? Thirdly, that many of us have been down this road before and it's important to learn from each other so we don't repeat the same mistakes over and over again in pursuit of service connections for disabilities. My goal now is 100% but I realized that when you climb a mountain, the last 10 feet is the hardest part of the climb. So, going from 80% or 90% to 100% is going to be much harder than most of us originally would think? But in the end, I'm much better prepared than I was 3 years ago because I know, I can now come to this board for help and advice...and that was not the case originally....take care...and Godspeed....rootbeer22
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines