VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue Legal Beagles-

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.va.gov/vetapp92/files3/9222216.txt

I found this case to make a point to Angela's post -

and it is interesting-for anyone with a CUE claim-

The BVA got the case in 1992 and due to finding of CUE the veteran was awarded 10% by the BVA for over 20 years retro back to the 1972 erroneous VA decision.

This is a good example of a successful collateral attack on a past ,final VA decision.

There are many successful CUEs awarded at ROs, BVA, and even the CAVC.

Often the BVA might dismiss a CUE without prejudice as the veteran has not been specific enough in it- yet that gives the veteran another chance for CUE.

CUES on BVA decision-I suggest getting the VBM to prepare this type of CUE as it could have been subsumed by a prior BVA decision-

I think the Motion that someone at VARO filed on my behalf at the BVA might be in this situation-something subsumed already-the BVA has no idea what decision this Motion was filed on.

Neither does my vet rep or anyone at 800#.

If would be ironic- after all the years I have been a claimant-in the 1980s, the 1990's and since 2003-if the

MF- the Mysterious Force themself (the one who always removes my evidence from the c file)

had filed this Motion at the BVA -in my behalf.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Berta,

That would be great to find out someone in VA had filed this on your behalf that many years ago and now it could come into play in your favor. I'd love to see you

awarded some more retro. What wonderful payback this would be. We all know the only way it bothers VA is when you get them in the pocketbook as they

never admit their mistakes -- well that is if the mistake is in their favor then they jump right on it. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta and Carlie

How long does it take to get a denial or approval of a CUE claim at the RO level. I am filing one soon regarding the fact that the VA had medical evidence in their file ( an IMO) that if they had concidered it would have meant a much higher initial rating for me. I have the initial decision and nowhere in it does it mention or list my IMO. I am just going to file and see what happens. If the CUE is just like any other claim then I am probably looking at a year to 18 months.

My present CUES at the RO were filed over two years ago.

They are working on them now.

Maybe the time it takes for a decision depends on which regional office you have to go through. Mine is in Houston, TX. I submitted my initial CUE request in Dec 05 and received the RO's denial in March 06. Sent in my NOD in May. Haven't received a response to my NOD or a statement of case (SOC) yet. I hope they change their decision based on my NOD (which they can do), but I'm not going to count on it.

I'm still gathering BVA and CAVC decisions to support my CUE argument and anything I can think of that they may come up with to deny.