VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got Rating For Ptsd And Other Disabilities

Rate this question

NFLFan1980

Question

Happy 4th of July to all,

I just had my claim go to complete and I got the benefits letter but still waiting for the BBE. They rated me 50% for PTSD and 70% overall. My question is this: Since i've been seeing VA doctors since last summer, I had two doctors put me down for PTSD and the one doctor I am seeing now put me down as not having PTSD. One of the other two doctors that wrote me down for PTSD is my C&P examiner. Well, since I'm only being seen right now, technically for depression and anxiety (since my local dr. nixed the PTSD) how am I going to have the documentation for being treated for PTSD when I go in for my re eval down the road? Does this make any sense? If I go to my current doctor and say I want to be treated for PTSD since I was rated for such, he's going to be like, well I didn't mark you down for that. I don't know how he can not put me down for PTSD, to me it's obvious. In any case there's a conflict here and I'm just wondering how it can effect me come re eval time.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Welcome aboard. Just make sure that you are being treated Mentally at the VA, and you will have no issues down the road. No worries and enjoy the holiday

Thanks Navy04. I was relieved to finally get the rating. I feel like my claim went by pretty fast and am satisfied with the rating for the most part. PTSD could have been 70 but the fact that i'm working probably nullfied that. I'm grateful for all the knowledgable posters such as you and others that have been through the battles and are helping others go through theirs.