VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, Guess What?

Rate this question

goofycow

Question

I called my county service officer today regarding filing a DIC claim in regards to my husband and AO. First off, she didn't think I could draw both the 100% I am getting now AND DIC. I asked her why, I am a widow now. So, this may be another cruve the va might throw at me. The concept of women actually being vets, not to mention being married to a fellow vet is still a vague & foreign concept to Arkies.

However, she had heard of the Haas ruling & thinks the law will be rewritten very soon. That would be a shame for blue water sailors who served off the coast of Vietnam.

Liz

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure how it works but I do know that my sons best friend who was in Marines for over 3 years and discharged is not allowed to draw his Dad's CHapter 35 benefits and his own GI Education benefits at same time.

I think that you need to apply and see what Regulation is used and than go from there. I have found that in my lifetime a lot of people will say you can't do something when in fact they just don't know for themselves.

Bottom line is you should apply and than see what reason the VA uses if they turn you down.

Good Luck I hope that you get it.

You own SC comp has nothing to do with DIC .

Hope the vet rep filed the DIC claim-

My daughter is using her Chapter 35 for Masters and then maybe her GI Bill if she needs it- they can only use one program at a time.