VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi Again

Rate this question

Billyboy

Question

While in the service I slipped and fell on my back and head. On Sept. 21, 2004 the VA Hospital Fresno did a cat scan on the back of my head. Their findings;

Report:

Routine serial images were obtained and no IV contrast was given prior to the study. No previous exam is here for comparison.

There is no shift of midline. No intra or extraventricular hemorrhages are identified. Small low attenuation density seen in left basal ganglion in left periventricular area probably represents old infarct. No hydrocephalus is seen. There is mild prominence of cortical sulci suggestive of mild cortical atrophy.

Impression:

1. No hemorrhages are seen.

2. Small low attenuation density in left basal ganglion area probably related to old infarct.

The VA used this report and other info in their EVIDENCE to connect me with 50% MDD.

Their wording: CT of the head, VAMC, Fresno, dated September 21, 2004

Does anyone think I would have a chance in hell for TBI?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Yes. That is concrete proof of brain damage.

All you need is to establish Service Connection and Degree of disfunction.

You should have been tested when the CT results came out, but the VA doesn't like to prove your claim for you.

Call the 800 # I gave you for the Defence and Veterans Brain Injury Center. They take self referals for evals and treatment. Tell them about the CT and that you have not been evaluated for TBI.

Also, get neuro-psychological testing privatly to evaluate you for TBI.

Time