VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time Claim Stays In Nod?

Rate this question

Navywife55

Question

I will agree with others on here and from my own experience, dont' dwell on ebenefits whatsoever. Get on there and do what you need to do but don't go on there to dwell.

The time is because the VA is slow, very slow, example I have a NOD from Feb 2011 and I just received a letter stating its at the DRO level. Just watch TV and hopefully people will now see what we go through with the slowness.

• HadIt.com Elder

An NOD, regardless of what E-Bennies shows, may just sit at the RO for years.

Then, it's not uncommon to see a flurry of "actions" by the RO, and shown on E-Bennies.

All sorts of oddities may appear- Dates floating around, back to square one on progress, etc.

Even better, or worse from our standpoint - - -

E Bennies may show what is actually service connected and in detail

ONLY if you start an electronic claim. I just went through this little exercise,

to find that the SC'd conditions add up to 100% for a single condition,

and the other SC'd conditions increases SC ratings to more than 160%. Yet there appears to be no consideration for SMC.

Hmmm!

None of the award letters I have show the awards in total.

Update: Emailed "Bob" in October

~ Three phone calls and a bit later, SMC awarded with Retro!

Edited by Chuck75

Its quite ridiculous, but there is no timeline for a NOD to be completed. Mine have ranged from ten months (shortest) to twenty five months (longest).

While your NOD is pending, perfect your claim and submit good evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

However, you MUST get your NOD in within a year of your decision. The VA can sit on it for years. You better have proof you sent that NOD in on time as well. The VA gets benefit of "presumption of regularity" when they mail out a decision or SOC. Vets, on the other hand, must prove what they mail to the VA. Nice double standard. VA sent my decision and appeal rights to wrong address and it was returned to sender. I think the VA may still get the benefit of assumption of regularity because they will say I used money sent to my bank account. If you were starving would you look the gift horse in the mouth? It can be hard to win when the other guy holds all the aces. I am fighting it in court. I would just assume the VA is going to lose everything I send them. They are doing pretty good so far.

John