Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

C&p Dirty Trick

betrayed
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

In July I had a non formal DRO hearing at the VARO in detroit. The DRO said that he was going to schedule more C&P's. 45 days later I got my letter in the mail telling me to report today at 130 to the Detroit VAMC (what a zoo). Last friday I called the C&P Clinic and asked the woman what I was going to be examined for, she told me neck arm, hand and shoulder. So I spent the weekend preparing for this. Today I get in there and its head, Neck, Shoulder, hip, kness, TMJ and foot. Blew me away, this caught me so off guard that I couldnt concentrate, couldnt think, had problems remembering shit........................The doctor was a orthepedic doctor. He did a good job from what I could tell. I saw my C File today, its atleast 24 inches thick......I got quite chuckle out of that, when I copied my SMR for social security it was 650 pages long. I know I have sent them at least another 250 pages of stuff. 28 years of active duty records and three years of civillian crap.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

RO's have a goog way of contacting Doctors at the last minute to change C@P exam criteria. This happened to me once and I guess it happened to you. The last one I had I filed Raduculpathy due to nerve root compression at C6 (Clearly documented by surgury report) The RO asked the Doctor That my previous fracture of the collarbone at age 9 was the cause of shoulder problems. The Dotor said the Collarbone fracture was not in any way involved with the cervical radiculpathy.

It aint the Doctors that should be named hoover, It is the Reginal Office personnel who try stupid little tricks to do anything possible even going outside the boundries of the law to get a claim denied.

Hang in there shipmate. Full steam ahead,Do not Zig Zag.

Hang in there shipmate. Full steam ahead,Do not Zig Zag.

I am...............some times the depression makes me go in circles though :lol: B) :angry: LOL.

One good thing out of all that was covered today were either SC 0% or denied SC, with the exception of 10% for each knee. My initial reaction was I am getting screwed but now that I think about it, I should gain from this big time. The doctor did not order a MRI for my neck, he told me he read the three letters from the neurosurgeons I have got and he reviewed the MRI reports. The fact that he did not order a MRI tells me he is accepting what the neurosurgeons said and in my case thats a real good thing!

• HadIt.com Elder

Still sounds like you got a good one. Hope all goes well for you.

Pete

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry:

I think that you are wrong and that your advice may hurt a Veteran with a good claim. A C&P offers an opportunity to add to a claim in my opinion. Of course you can do whatever you want but what will you lose as you are already 100%?

Good Luck

I think we should keep in mind that a C&P, by the letter of the law, is supposed to be meant to BOLSTER a veterans claim. To get the necissary medical evidence to PROVE the claim. That is what the DUTY TO ASSIST is all about.

We all know that VARO asks for medical opinion to disprove the claim. Otherwise, why ask for the exam if the supporting evidence is allready of record? Why come out and ask for a medical opinion that another condition caused the disability? They are asking for evidence to disprove the claim. I think this is what Terry is talking about. I don't think Terry is wrong.

Without private testing and treatment, I would not have been approved. Even though I had a good C&P by a psychiatrist that proved my claim, the RO used the opinion of a nurse practitioner's C&P exam for fatigue to deny my claim for depression and never had the tests that the psych requested done. Lucky for me the psychiatrist had told me I needed this testing so I got it privatley. In short, they did not assist me as per law, and specifacally asked for contrary evidence. Simply illegal.

Time

Time, you hit the nail on the head. The RO asks for a C@P and attempts to get medical opinions to a negative effect. Of course this backfires on them all the time. I had a C@P last December and the RO completely disregarded the information and asked another Doctor for a Medical Opinion. I do not know the results of the opinion but there was an informal claim filed.

The RO have totally screwed my claims up for 14 years and Now that I have proven CUE they are in the defensive mode.

In July I had a non formal DRO hearing at the VARO in detroit. The DRO said that he was going to schedule more C&P's. 45 days later I got my letter in the mail telling me to report today at 130 to the Detroit VAMC (what a zoo). Last friday I called the C&P Clinic and asked the woman what I was going to be examined for, she told me neck arm, hand and shoulder. So I spent the weekend preparing for this. Today I get in there and its head, Neck, Shoulder, hip, kness, TMJ and foot. Blew me away, this caught me so off guard that I couldnt concentrate, couldnt think, had problems remembering shit........................The doctor was a orthepedic doctor. He did a good job from what I could tell. I saw my C File today, its atleast 24 inches thick......I got quite chuckle out of that, when I copied my SMR for social security it was 650 pages long. I know I have sent them at least another 250 pages of stuff. 28 years of active duty records and three years of civillian crap.

I always take someone with me ( As the great State of MO won't let me drive lol) to serve as my memory & I'm thinking of getting one of those small recorders & turning it on when I go in to see a Doc.

GARY

Hand your paper to them. They must include it..... for the record. :D

you got a reg that says that?

This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png