VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

As Likely As Not?c&p Exam Disaster...

Rate this question

armyvet2010

Question

I went and got a copy of my exam from the st.llouis va medical center today...and it was not what I expected. First she denied I had ptsd (for combat related and also personal assault and it was mostly due to depression..then for my mental conditions she wrote major depressive disorder with anxiety distress and also wrote down alcohol use disorder. ..to make things worse she ONLY viewed my va medical records and not my whole claim file due error issues with the system..and at the remarks area, she wrote that "her symptoms appear to be related to current psychosocial stressors and ruminate depressive thoughts of self blame related to her military service.Thus, it is opined that her current diagnosis is as likely as not related to her military ser, however is perpetuated by ongoing psychosocial stressors unrelated to service"...She only checked off that i was experiencing anxiety,and depression..for occupational and social impairment she marked me as 30 percent..I don't even know what to expect for my decision because of all this..im afraid it will be another denial (the first one was because they never rescheduled my first exam so they automatically denied me)..she didn't write everything I said which really pissed me off..And another thing...She agreed with a VA doctor I seen a while back that stated it would be unusual for such stressors to lead SI in persons with no mental health history..that is really BS because I had ZERO mental health history before entering in the service..even my mom is upset about this!!How should I handle this?? Is there any hope left in getting granted (probably not).Im so upset right now!!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thus, it is opined that her current diagnosis is as likely as not related to her military ser, however is perpetuated by ongoing psychosocial stressors unrelated to service

You will most likely need an IMO/IME to overcome this statement. You need a psychologist/psychiatrist and or a social worker to review your military records and state that your current condition is as least likely as not related to your military service. Do you have a current diagnosis of PTSD or Depression. You may still have to file a NOD.

Sorry for the problems you are having. Also keep in mind that VA is forcing a lot of veterans to appeal at this time to get rid of the backlog.

Before my exam, I was diagnosed with PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, and Dsythmia..Once i got my c&p results,it states that she found i was not found to be diagnosed with PTSD due to me not meeting ALL of the criteria,eventhough i met a couple due to being overseas plus the personal assualt that occurred. Only diagnosis I have that was submitted on the exam was Major Depressive Disorder and Alcohol Use Disorder.

Thus, it is opined that her current diagnosis is as likely as not related to her military ser, however is perpetuated by ongoing psychosocial stressors unrelated to service

To me , it seems this statement is saying that the diagnosis is a DIRECT RESULT of millitary service, so I think its going to be service connected. The rest of the sentence simply states that things going on now, are making the illness worse.

It seems like the CP examiner is making one hell of a leap, because its thier job to determine if it is service connected or not. why the heck is the examiner carrying it further, trying to make it seem like the veterans fault. sounds like the CP examiner is trying to be a company man.

I have a feeling we will see this " PERPETUATED" work quite frequently.. Its a technical way to say, YOUR THE PROBLEM, and that is bullshit/.

Yeah that's what I don't get...it's not my fault i was assaulted by my now ex husband..not my fault that I deployed overseas and was on numerous convoys to different FOBS to perform postal operations..I wish she wouldve made her opinion more clear so it won't be any confusion..not only that but looked at the WHOLE VA claim file and not just the VA medical records.If you wasn't able to get into the system to view everything,you shouldve had me come back when you was able to view it. It's like everything is up in the air right now because it can go either way,being denied or granted..I'm just not getting my hopes up