VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

As Likely As Not?c&p Exam Disaster...

Rate this question

armyvet2010

Question

I went and got a copy of my exam from the st.llouis va medical center today...and it was not what I expected. First she denied I had ptsd (for combat related and also personal assault and it was mostly due to depression..then for my mental conditions she wrote major depressive disorder with anxiety distress and also wrote down alcohol use disorder. ..to make things worse she ONLY viewed my va medical records and not my whole claim file due error issues with the system..and at the remarks area, she wrote that "her symptoms appear to be related to current psychosocial stressors and ruminate depressive thoughts of self blame related to her military service.Thus, it is opined that her current diagnosis is as likely as not related to her military ser, however is perpetuated by ongoing psychosocial stressors unrelated to service"...She only checked off that i was experiencing anxiety,and depression..for occupational and social impairment she marked me as 30 percent..I don't even know what to expect for my decision because of all this..im afraid it will be another denial (the first one was because they never rescheduled my first exam so they automatically denied me)..she didn't write everything I said which really pissed me off..And another thing...She agreed with a VA doctor I seen a while back that stated it would be unusual for such stressors to lead SI in persons with no mental health history..that is really BS because I had ZERO mental health history before entering in the service..even my mom is upset about this!!How should I handle this?? Is there any hope left in getting granted (probably not).Im so upset right now!!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

dont take it personal, the va screws over alot of people . 85 percent of initial claims are denied. They are trying to sell the suggestion that only 15 percent of veterans who file are credible? It almost seems like a enny meenie , miney , ,moe , system.. they dont make any sense. They have some flunkie do 20 minute exam, and decide they know your life history.

Just build your case, stack your evidence, and prepare for an appeal. many of us have been fighting them for a long time. you must get the proper mindset, that your willing to go the distance.

You can challenge a bad CP exam. let me explain. I have a 12 inch scar from kidney cancer surgery. the kidney cancer is service connected. The first quack CP examiner wrote down that the scar was. 0.01 inches long , and unpainful.. He never even asked me if it was painful or not. So I sent in the proof that he didnt know how to use a tape measure, so they granted me another CP exam. Ok the next doctor laughs and says how in the hell could he think a scar that big, in the abdomen, is not painful at times and gives me a favorable CP. oK so I though dat was dat.. But nnoooo. I get a THIRD CP exam, and the scar is carefully measured again, and question asked, is the scar painful at times. YES.. So as of now, im still waiting on the descision from the RO . They were trying to get 2 out of the 3 eqaminers to say No . It backfired on them and 2 out of 3 were favorable. Heres the screwed up part. its only a 10 percent rating, yet they still fight me tooth and nail.

Its just a shitty system, that doesnt give a rats ass about veterans.

I get 50% for MDD, but I never claimed PTSD. What helped me with the SC is that a Navy Psychiatrist diagnosed me with depression while in the Navy. It was well documented in my service medical record...but in the beginning I was only given 0% SC.

You can only be rated for one mental disorder. I also have Anxiety Disorder...but it is not rated, only the depression is. If you also have been diagnosed with depression, then they can rate you on the depression. It is very complicated how they decide which mental disorder to give a rating to.

It does sound like she recommended that you be rated at 30% for a service connection. "As likely as not" to me sounds like she is saying that it is likely to be related to military service. Hang in there...I know that the wait sucks. I've been there too. It would help you if you have military medical treatment records for mental health. Make sure that the VA gets copies of those if you have them.

the VA has all my military treatment records that show the sucidal thoughts,depression,and even taking me to the emergency room for the suicidal thoughts.unfortunately the va examiner "couldn't" access them but hopefully the va rater sees everything and makes the RIGHT decision..but who knows

RELAX your going to win this, it will just take time, . keep going to treatment, keep taking any meds prescribed, and dont let it push you over the edge. also what was the title of the person who did the CP exam, nurse prac, doctor of psc, janitor, ect?

RELAX your going to win this, it will just take time, . keep going to treatment, keep taking any meds prescribed, and dont let it push you over the edge. also what was the title of the person who did the CP exam, nurse prac, doctor of psc, janitor, ect?

She was a licensed psychologist