VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For New Claim Before C&p From Remand...

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

The VA amazes me at times. I was just notified of a C&P for an increase filed 3/25/2014 (FDC) scheduled for the 25th of this month. I have yet to hear about a C&P for a remanded issue with a remand date of 4/24/2013.

What was your rating for the mental illness before you found out you were 100%? I am just wondering cause I had a PTSD increase C&P and some of the results are the same. I am currently 70%. Do you think you are rated at 100% for you mental illness now or 70%? Thanks

Congratulations.

I was rated at 90% (the largest was a 50% rating for migraines). My psych went from 30% to 70%. It was time I came clean with what was actually going on and dealing with the denial.

Congrats!

I was just wondering because the Dr repeated what he was putting in his C&P report that I am worse than 2010 when I received a rating of 70%. Now I dont know if that means I will get a higher rating or not. I think 100% is the only rating above 70% for mental disorders. I will just have to continue to fight I guess. My exam was done on a computer with a Dr on the other side of the state. I had to talk to a screen. The Dr was very cool tho. I dont know when I will get my results.

Glad to see you got the 100%.

I think if you don't get to 100%, you should at least file for TDIU.

I just checked eBenefits: now rated at 100%. No letter or package yet, but it goes to show you: even in the middle of a remand, file for increases if you feel you are warrented. I filed in April, and just saw the change in percentages. My best to all - I can sleep now!

This is good to know. Many have debated whether or not to file a new FDC claim, with an appeal pending. Glad it worked out for you!