VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Humbled

Rate this topic

Opiate73

CONGRATS!!!

it is stories like yours and so many countless others that makes it all worth it!!!! Ole rule of thumb...if you are rated at 70% plus more likely you should be a 100%!!!! Keep fighting and whatsoever you do.....DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing, if they rated 80 that easy, 100 is likely the true rating that should be given,.

But if your happy, im happy.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Congratulations, Opiate73. Yes, it can be a little "disorienting" when you receive the (unexpected) good news. I agree with others here that 6 months sounds like an excessively long projected wait time for a retro payment. The actual time varies a good deal among claims. My own experience was quite positive. My claim closed 06/10/2014, the retro direct deposit hit the bank 06/13/2014 and my 1st regular monthly check (June benefit) deposited 07/01/2014. Also, my original claim was filed by mail 08/21/2013. I doubt that it can be done much more quickly than that!! The retro deposit actually came before the BBE. I hope yours follows a similar hurry-up path.

Thank you for your service from one of the "old guys" - a Vietnam vet.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use