VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Humbled

Rate this topic

Opiate73

Prior Navy myself, and I admit my story pretty much reflects yours in regards to why should I when so many other warriors deserve it much more than me. But, when I basically came to a wall and not able to actually work at all I did the only thing I could do.

I filed for SC and SSDI at the same time.

While I waited and my finances fell thru the floor I never felt more guilty and useless to the point of that it started coming out wrong in so many ways.

I did win SC, but it should be higher than 60% and I believe I will get it too where it should be and that's at 80%.

Now that the VA is taking care of me (which I actually didn't even know was available to me), including to major depression and anxiety issues I have come to realize that I did my part and now its time for me to take it easy a little. I still have issues from time to time, but I work thru it. I recently even got my own emotional support dog, not a trained one.. just a pet.. but he does bring my spirits up allot. He is my little boy, not that he is little.. at 11 months he weights in at close to 120 pds. Yes I am Navy, but his name is Sarge... and I don't know what I do with out him.

I hope some how this helps you in some way in knowing your not alone in how you feel.

Good luck and congratz!

Wow, Thanks for sharing and careing so much about others. It says alot about you and your personality!!! I hope everyone gets the same treatment you recieved because they deserve it. Way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your deserved award! Because you're retired your backpay will take a little longer - I think that's why your VSO told you 6 months. Congrats again, shipmate!

• 3 weeks later...

Prior Navy myself, and I admit my story pretty much reflects yours in regards to why should I when so many other warriors deserve it much more than me. But, when I basically came to a wall and not able to actually work at all I did the only thing I could do.

I filed for SC and SSDI at the same time.

While I waited and my finances fell thru the floor I never felt more guilty and useless to the point of that it started coming out wrong in so many ways.

I did win SC, but it should be higher than 60% and I believe I will get it too where it should be and that's at 80%.

Now that the VA is taking care of me (which I actually didn't even know was available to me), including to major depression and anxiety issues I have come to realize that I did my part and now its time for me to take it easy a little. I still have issues from time to time, but I work thru it. I recently even got my own emotional support dog, not a trained one.. just a pet.. but he does bring my spirits up allot. He is my little boy, not that he is little.. at 11 months he weights in at close to 120 pds. Yes I am Navy, but his name is Sarge... and I don't know what I do with out him.

I hope some how this helps you in some way in knowing your not alone in how you feel.

Good luck and congratz!

Update, got the 80% and moving on :)

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use