VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu/ptsd

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

As some of you know I was awarded 50% disability last week for SC chronic 48/gaf PTSD . Was denied anything for 2 PH and Stage 4 tonsil cancer AO. You advised me to file IU form with NOD on PTSD. I have an appointment with doctor tomorrow. Do you absolutely have to have a doctor`s letter stating you are unemployable or can you ever win filing NOD for IU showing you haven`t worked in over 2 years and claiming PTSD is the reason? I`m anxious to get this NOD sent in and it might take weeks with this doctor for him to write me the letter. I was also advised to file for Tinnitus which I have done along with Gerd/Barretts esophagus and insomnia. Nam combat vet 56 years old.

Cavman

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You can use your annual wage statement from SSA to show you have not worked.

If you have been turned down by VA for Voc Rehab-that too shows you can't work-in most cases-and is good evidence of unemployability.

If you tell the VA that the side affect of your SC meds prohibit employment and give them print of what you mean as to the side affects-do not operate heavy machinery, can cause drowsiness etc-that helps,

If you get SSA benefits that shows the VA you cant work- but they look for whether this award was based on potential SC conditions.Yet they should have those SSA records.

Also any lay statements from your co- workers can help if they show that your disability from service prevents you from working.And lay statements from family members.

And anything from your treating doc that say you cannot work due to SC.

50% is what they usually award for PTSD with a PH.

What did they award for muscular or cartilidge damage and the scar due to the 2 Phs? I hope you or your vet rep added that to the claim.

PS- I think I already said this but the tonsil cancer can be SCed to Agent Orange if it is a soft tissue sarcoma-otherwise it will be very difficuly to get that SCed.

Make sure they consdier the esophagus problem-GERD and the insomnia as secondary to the PTSD.

And obviously you were exposed to high levels of noise in Mil and I know you combat vets in Nam sure did not get any ear protection.

Edited by Berta