VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Dav Did Me Again!

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

So I get my new SO with the AL, but before that I FAXED my NOD with a request for a DRO hearing and the correct VA form for the NOD, I had a cover letter addressed to the VARO.

So Friday I get a letter from the DAV GUESS WHAT THE DAV DID!!!!

THE DAV SO SENT IN MY DOCUMENTS AS A "RECONSIDERATION" WTF!!!!!

Attached is the letter I received from the DAV on Friday.

Hugh

• HadIt.com Elder

Your error was not rescinding the DAV's POA, prior to signing a POA agreement w/the AL. The DAV had your POA and was acting on your behalf, as you requested.

I don't believe in using VSO's. You get what you pay for. Oh, that's right, you're not paying them anything!!! ;-)

jmo

pr

• In Memoriam

Asknod is right.

It is hard to get rid of them even with a new POA. Even after I fired them they kept showing up on my denials.

I finally called the main office in DC and told them they were no longer my POA.

I got rid of the DAV about 10 years ago. Shoot, go up there with a piece of cheese and throw it on the floor. Watch them jump out of their chairs and scramble.

They are like herpes.

The AL is going to have to straighten this out seeing as they've got the POA now. Claims can be cancelled. But as Stretch pointed out, maybe they'll reverse their decision through whatever the DAV submitted. Somehow, I doubt it. But, it could be that the DAV tried to work a deal with the RO on your behalf to give you part of what you wanted - some of that behind the scenes wheeling and dealing - if you didn't file a NOD and appeal. Your new NSO with the AL should be able to get in the middle of this quickly and hopefully get you an honest answer.

im going to try and say this in a very respectful way//

BROTHERS, you are not seeing what is going on. you are being sold out.

This is a system of laws and regulations, its not a Bargaining cave.

Edited by 63SIERRA