VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p With Qtc

Rate this question

silverdollar22

Question

I have been given an appt. through a company called QTC. I was able to do some research on the doctor. Come to find out that he has a terible rating and one of the comments on this guy was "he didn't even let me talk or ask any questions"!! If this happens what should i do? Hopefully he was having a bad day with these other people. But my main concern is that first of all my name was wrong on the QTC form (put middle name instead of first name) and they only listed two of my contentions and one of them is wrong. I claimed right knee condition secondary to my left knee condition and they put right knee condition secondary to low back pain with minimal degenerative changes of left sacroillac joint. Should i be worried or is this normal? Also they put reopen and this should be new on my right knee. Are they going to base the rest of my contentions ( Spinal Stenosis (affecting both legs) (New), Degenerative Arthritis (left hip) (New), Degenerative Arthritis (Lumbar spine) (New), Intervertebral Disc Syndrome (New). on the ROM from this C&P for Lumbar DDD secondary to low back pain with minimal degenerative changes of left sacroilliac joint?

Thanks,

Eric

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Don't worry about the wording, I just put in a new claim last month, and the wording was backwards on my left knee secondary to my SC right knee. Also, I had 7 C&Ps in Feb 14, and all were great Docs except one, he was terrible. Guess what, he was the Doc that granted my 10% for the right knee as a new condition, instead of the actual 0% R Knee increase that I had actually submitted a claim for. Just try not to go crazy, be honest at the exam, and good luck. Keep us posted bud.

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't worry about the wording, I just put in a new claim last month, and the wording was backwards on my left knee secondary to my SC right knee. Also, I had 7 C&Ps in Feb 14, and all were great Docs except one, he was terrible. Guess what, he was the Doc that granted my 10% for the right knee as a new condition, instead of the actual 0% R Knee increase that I had actually submitted a claim for. Just try not to go crazy, be honest at the exam, and good luck. Keep us posted bud.

navy04 - fyi - the doctors don't really grant the claim. Claims are granted by a VA adjudicator, ie: someone who interprets what the doctor reports and converts that to a rating. Hopefully, they do it correctly but more often than not, they don't.

pr

Thanks Navy and PR,

I don't have to do anything but to tell the truth, my MRI, Xray and Medical records speak for themselves. I just hope this Doctor isn't as bad as they rate him. I just want to be sure about something: I'm in pain constantly, so when they tell me to stop on the pain in my ROM test do I just not move? How would you do this? I'm confused!!!

Edited by silverdollar22

• HadIt.com Elder

You must understand that the C&P is just round one in the claims process. If you get denied you file a NOD. The VA should get back to you with a SOC. You got get an IME to back your claim. You cannot depend on the VA for evidence. You must generate the medical evidence yourself via your SMR's and private doctors. Most here who are 100% started at 10% or 30%. They got their TDIU or 100% via the appeals process. You fight VA generated medical evidence with your private medical evidence. If you don't or can't spend the money they you better spend the time learning every VA rule and regulation. Most C&P exams are inadequate in some way, but the fastest way to beat them is your own IME/IMO. You can appeal the C&P and ask for a new one but you may get a worse one. I did.

John

I have another question. Can a C&P doctor write a nexus for you stating that something is more than likely caused by another problem? I recently found out that my right knee problem was deamed compensatable in my last rateing but denied because of no service connection, even though my claim is for service connection because of my bad left knee and my bad back. Can this doctor do this or should i try a different avenue? Ie. civilian doctor, My VA doctor or chiropractor.

Edited by silverdollar22

I have another question. Can a C&P doctor write a nexus for you stating that something is more than likely caused by another problem? I recently found out that my right knee problem was deamed compensatable in my last rateing but denied because of no service connection, even though my claim is for service connection because of my bad left knee and my bad back. Can this doctor do this or should i try a different avenue? Ie. civilian doctor, My VA doctor or chiropractor.

I have found the answer to my own question by doing reasearch here which i should have done first. Sorry!! The answer is that the c&p exam is to determine if my problem is connected, RIGHT? So to sum up my question, the C&P doctor is going to be able to write a nexus on my problem, favorable or not. CORRECT?

Sorry for the premature post!