VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Cancelled

Rate this topic

Guest jangrin

We got a phone call this morning from the VAMC saying my husbands C & P exam (disability exam) was cancelled because the person who does the exam is not there on this day. Anyone else ever had a C & P exam cancelled and how long before they re-scheduled the exam? They are supposed to call for a new exam date but we won't have a phone yet. Dang this is not good!!!

As you know we are moving out of state this week and not having the exam before we go may throw a monkey wench into things.

Thanks for the imput,

Jangrin :D

Edited by jangrin

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jangrin, call them back asap. Ask for the C@P department and ask them when it is going to be rescheduled. Tell them your circumstances. Maybe they can do the exam this week.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin

Watch out or the VA may end up saying you missed the C&P exam and deny your claim. They did this to me one time when they cancelled the C&P and then denied my claim saying I did not show up. I was hopping mad and got another C&P but it delayed my claim. These people are idiots so don't trust them and get anther C&P pronto. Get something in writing about the cancellation of the C&P so you can prove you did not skip it.

Absolutely, positively get it in writing on VAMC Letter-head that THEY cancelled the C&P. This could be something you will regret, if you don't have it in writing, they could deny the claim based on no show for C&p and it would be impossible to defeat their denial....you could probably get another C&P and eventually get a decision, but why take the chance and the long wait of fighting a faulty denial!

Thank you Soooo Much-- John--, John-- and Jesse,

My husband went down to our local VAMC and explained about the cancelled C&P. They looked it up in the computer and the VA had already rescheduled it for Oct 5th. Unfortunately we will not be around then and he called the C&P appt number and explained everything about having to move and not knowing where we would be etc, etc, etc. THEY RESCHEDULED HIM FOR THE 26TH OF THIS MONTH OUR LAST DAY IN OUR HOUSE.

Thank you guys for teaching us to be more proactive and to follow up right away. You saved us 2 weeks of living in a motel room. WHen we could be on our way.Also, the local guy printed out my husband VA info 1010 form and made the necessry changes so he could get his prescriptions at the PO Box forwarded to us. Things are looking good again. Thank you, thnk you,for the guidence, you are the best.

Jangrin and Chuckles