VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Cancelled

Rate this topic

Guest jangrin

You may want to consider northwest Louisiana, too. We have an Air Force Base here, a VA Medical Center, many civilian hospitals with world-class physicians, and a lot of recreational options. And a large military retiree community. Reasonable cost of living, homestead exemption on property taxes, and tax breaks for seniors. I'm originally from central New Jersey, and the cost of living up there compared to here is significant, I'd never go back.

Louisiana's called "Sportman's Paradise" with access to some of the best bass fishing lakes in the country. "Catch and Release" is the mantra down here. My husband just took delivery on a new Ranger boat.

I remember when he used to look at me the way he looks at that boat...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin

When dealing with the VA just assume that if there is a chance they will drop the ball they will drop it.

I have never moved while a claim was in process but I do know that I changed banks one time and the VA stopped sending me checks saying I had disappeared or was dead. If you are depending on your check to live this is not funny. I assumed if I stopped my direct deposit they would just send me the check at my home.......wrong! Months went by and no check (it was just about 300 at the time) and I called the VA and they said I was disappeared or dead. They never called or wrote me a letter of inquiry. They just stopped the checks.