VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Training Letters

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure but I think you can do a search here at Hadit under DMII training letter. I know Berta has posted it often. If you search posts by Berta it will be there, try a search

Berta DMII training letter

See what comes up. I know once it comes up you'll be able to download it. You might have to scroll through some of her posts but it is here on this website.

Jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

The DMII training letter is a treasure trove of information on the secondary conditions associated with diabetes. These are many things that the VA just does not look for in routine exams.

On Sept 28 2005 the DMII Training Letter was posted by Berta for downloading. It is post #6 in the topic

Hope this helps- go into search on Hadit

Jangrin :D

The DMII training letter covers all cardiovascular,cataracts, athrosclerotic complications-etc-

in many cases these require additional C & P exams.

The secondary conditions to DMII have to be rated under the Schedule of Ratings- 38 CFR also here at hadit-

EXample: vet had DMII rated at 40% and CAD due to DMII- rated separately and cataracts-separate rating there.

I have vet with 100% and SMC potential due to diabetes.

He gets SSA for diabetes and has significant heart disease and cataracts, as well as skin disorders due to DMII.

DMII is prsumptive to Agent Orange exposure.

All other claims -like my above vet-I mentioned ---have to be linked to the SMRs.

Edited by Berta