VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Beginning

Rate this topic

Topayton

Congratulations on the victory!!! Keep us posted.

Well, finally got the VA Disability Claim filed and it showed up in ebenefits - so I'm wondering whats next - it's been 30 days? Started the informal claim to "save the date" during December 2013. Howver, ebenefits gave me 18 months (Feb 2016?) for completion but I was under the impression that FDC would be sooner? VSO told me that all the new claims are showing dates that far out so I should not be concerned? Unfortunately, got a lot of conflicting info from people on how to set up the claims package in terms of organization and structure. Sent it in hard copy 2 volumes, color coded by symptom dates, years, locations, etc. and also 13 completed DBQ's which I hope will speed up the process? It was a very detailed package. I was a Federal FOIA Officer for many years so put it together based upon rules of evidence and temiline. But, just learned that Seattle Regional Office is going to just scan it all in anyway into the new VBA System and I should have just scanned it into the system myself to save time? 20% of my records are handwritten by Army Docs and I'm not sure how clear they will be on the scan or picked up by scanning charater reference for clear evidence? VSO acted more like a clerk than someone who was knowledgeable about the entire FDC process - also missed a couple of my important claim items and was very disorganised when I turned it in to her. I do have another VSO that that has a great rep and I may switch but am not sure if it will delay things further? That all said, people keep telling me that it mainly comes down whomever is the adjudicator who gets my c-file and the strength of the evidence.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use