VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam

Rate this question

raymondb50

Question

I filed for PTSD by MST back in September 13. They were giving me the run around about missing paperwork and stuff. This after confirming twice with them if they received it and they said yes. Well 2 weeks ago, after giving me another BS story I wrote a nasty email to them on Ebenefits via IRIS and stated I'm going to contact my congressmen for all the BS and lies they keep on feeding me. I received two brown envelopes this week...one to sign and return some paperwork and the second for a Mental eval with a civilian Dr! Do you all think it's my C and P exam? I sure hope so. Looks like my email worked! I have been diagnosed with MDD and PTSD and anxiety by a VA psychologist. Hopefully I get compensated...thank you all for your help and the guidelines on VetWow

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It should say if the exam is a C&P exam. They may have just referred you out because of your having to wait for treatment. However, I would make sure I get to that exam or appointment. Did the letter come from your VARO? They make the C&P exams. Your VA hospital makes regular treatment referrals.

You can also go on Ebenefits and look under "exams" and it should say on there if it's a C&P or not. Or you could just call the 1 800-number and ask them if it's a C&P or not. Or call your VAMC and ask them what the exam is for.

I am new on this site and not very computer savy , i had a c&p exam for PTSD last year under the DSM-IV where the examiner stated that i met criterion A but did not meet the full criteria for PTSD, In my SMR's it show's were i was seen in triage for Head trauma due to an assault pior to the assault i was seen and diagnosed with a personality disorder, the exam states that my mental disabilities are due to bipolar disorder, Anxiety,depression,panic attacts,cronic sleep impairment,suspiciousness,none of these was present untill after the assault during this time i had a couple of UCMJ's and was addresed for below par preformance, so my claim is that these disabilities arose from the assault will they order a mental exam under the DSM-V, since social security has found me 100% disabled for these issues i am currenty at the VBA awaiting a decision my case has moved 4 times this month if that means anything and these issues has not been addresed concerning an opinion concerning nexus

Thanks guys. Here is why I'm confused, I see my Psychologist at the VA in San Antonio on a regular basis. Every 4-6 weeks. Then this week I get a phone call from Wisconsin stating it was a firm working for the VA and they wanted to schedule an appointment for the PTSD claim I submitted. I asked if it was a CnP exam and he really didn't know what that was. So anyways I'm going to see a civilian Dr now....do they do CnP exams? It's not even in San Antonio! It's in San Marcos which is 30 min from here. Still confused here

Did some more research. Looks like it is my CnP exam! It's a company called LHI who contacted me about my appointment.

Edited by raymondb50