VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Mdd

Rate this question

Me1984

Question

I currently rated at 50 percent for MDD total rating of 80 with other disabilities. I believe my psch doctor put me in for a increase of benefits as my depression had seemed to have gotten worse. I had my C&P today and when me about the sensitive subject of being molested or raped and how many times I told her 3 which is the truth although I never told any of my other providers about it because the third one happened in service but I never reported it because I thought it was my fault it happened in the first place. I am scared that she will put down something about me having PTSD when I was never diagnosed or told any of my prior psychiatrist or psychologist about the incident. I only went there to get my rating increased due to my worsened symptoms nothing more. What if anything do you all think will come of this?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

No problems whatsoever, either you will continue with the MDD or the VA will diagnose you with PTSD and combine the two. I am diagnosed with Severe PTSD, but it includes multiple Mental Conditions that developed over time. Don't worry about it, and take care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would go easy about discussing rapes that happened before the service if I were you. When you go for a C&P exam the way to go is that you were fine before service and your problems began during service due to some incident, injury or accident. Now you still have the symptoms that started in the military. The C&P exam doctor is liable to twist things around saying you had PTSD/MST before service and this is cause of depression now. I don't think they will do that, but just be careful. For instance, if you were molested as a child the VA does not need to know that. VA tried to say I was personality disorder because I had a few scraps in high school. I was dumb enough to discuss this with C&P doctor.

John

So if this C&P examiner wanted to twist things around and say my major depression isn't service connected will over rule my previous VA rating where the raters determined it is service related which will decrease my rating?