VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

0% Rating Depression B4 C&p Exam?

Rate this question

upongame619

Question

So ebenis went to prep for notification then back to gathering of evidance. I was sent the big brown envelope that stated I was rated 0% for depression how ever today I had my C&P exam for the depression? What exactly doesthis mean? Can my rating go up because it sure cant go down? The exam sounded like most peoples story of a 10 minute asking of simple questions...?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was pushed all the way to prep for notification then kicked back to gathering of evidence on ebenis. Received brown envelope with a 0% service connected dis for depression but still scheduled for a C&P exam, had my exam today which was like most stories I hear a 10 minute of questions, why am I having a C&P exam after I was rated? Can I go up?

That's a very strange sequence of events.

My guess would be somebody made a mistake, And then somebody caught that mistake, but they had already sent out the BBE.

What does the status on your claim say now on ebenefits? Does it say completed or administrative review?

Regardless I think this is all good news. They already gave you service connection which is the hardest part to get. Now they are scheduling you for a C&P exam to determine if you should be rated at a higher percentage.

In 3 to 5 days you should go on Ebenefits then to my healthy vet and check the box under "Notes". Hopefully your C&P exam will show up there and you could get an indication of what they might rate you at.

Edited by NavyWife

Thanks, here is my next question?

I know if you file within your first year of separation they back pay for whole year until claim time, but if i was rated at 0% already and then my rating goes up does it not qualify for the within year separation back pay?

• HadIt.com Elder

0% for depression does not make sense. Are you on any depression meds? Is your depression backed up by SMR's or is it secondary. If you have major depression you should get at least 30% if you have symptoms. Do you see VA shrinks for meds? If not you should. With mental health issues if you are not on meds the VA tends to dismiss your claims of distress.