VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do?

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I am 100% for PTSD and 30% Sinusitus and 10% Hearing currently 100% T&P.

Wondering wheather or not I must quit my job? I called Human Resources and was told I do NOT have to. All the Employer needs to know is that I am 30% or more.

Do I risk being re-evaluated for PTSD if I continue to work?

My Employer has been very kind and allowed me to make my own schedule and work alone completely so it is easier to take it. But, I would really like to retire from the stress and politics of work after 50 years I am totally fed up with the whole working thing anyway.

Edited by usdart

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree and disagree with advice given above. Sorry to hear of your troubles, as far as the VA, you can work if in what they call a Protected Environment, which sounds like you are. On the other hand the VA is always looking for a reason to lower a Veteran's %s. I am 70% for PTSD and 100% overall, and I had to resign from my job as a Federal Agent last year. You just need to sit down and figure out what is best for your family. I have a very supportive Wife and I am sure you do to. God Bless and keep us posted.

If you want to retire do it but you will take a financial hit of course. It sounds like the VA could find a reason to lower your percentage as well. Best option is to retire. Imo

The way that I understand it is that you can work if you are rated 100% for a disability or combination of disabilities...but if you are TDIU you can not work. As far as if you should keep your job or not that is something that you and your family has to decide.

I would believe that the VA does re-evaluate people from time to time. I don't know if the fact that you have a job or not will increase the chances of that or not. The VA plays by it's own rule book. Yes they have regulations and laws, but I don't know how they decide when to review a vet.

If you feel that your job is too stressful you should discuss it with your therapist/counselor and see if quitting/retiring will help you.

i wish you the best of luck at what ever you decide.

Usdart---

Please quit your job! You stated that you want to retire from working anyway and the only reason you are continuing is because your wife wants you to stay another year. You need to explain to her that if you continue to work you probably will lose your 100% VA rating.

It doesn't matter what your human resource department says about this. They are not the issue here. We are all very concerned for you because of what VA will think about this. Yes people can be 100% scheduler and still work. But there is an exception to that. the exception is mental health ratings.

You got extremely lucky that they rated you 100% on a mental health rating while you're still employed. Did you get that rating earlier this year? I believe if you are still working full time 12 months after receiving your 100% rating for MH then that would give VA a reason to reevaluate you.

Edited by NavyWife