VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success From Dr. Bash

Rate this question

callover007

Question

I have posted this question prior. I would like to hear of a successful case with an IMO submitted by Dr. Bash. I read where he wrote a great IMO but I have not received any feedback on his success in getting a claim awarded. Please post your claim granted by the VA based on Dr. Bash's IMO and what it was granted for. I hear where alot of people used him or talked to him but no one saying they won their case because of him. With all the talk there should be a lot of replies.

Thanks

Just for the record, the following is the official deffinition of MD scope of practic.

SCOPE OF PRACTICE

The practice of medicine includes the diagnosis, treatment, correction, advisement, or prescription for any human disease, ailment, injury, infirmity, deformity, pain or other condition, physical or mental, real or imaginary.

A licensed MD can treat just about anything believed or imagined, however, the VA may find someone who has stronger credentials to contradict your MD.

Dr. Bash as an MD can give his opinion on just about anything he wants. The problem arises if the VA has a MD with better credentials in a specific field.

It has been my obsevation that the VA has many support staff, LVN, RN, FNP, PA'a but not very many Board Certified, MD'S with the credentials of Dr. BAsh. So the decision is who do you want to pay?

Because none of the MD's I know will work for free or for less than their usual and customary fees and they will NOT go to court with you if you need them to. And DR. BASH WILL, if needed.

So it is up to each veteran to make the best decision possible for themselves, it may vary from person to person and case to case, no one is 100% that I know of. Sometimes we make decisions with all the information we can gather and it still turns out to be the wrong decision, through no fault of our own.

JMO

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

As I said the other day here- I gladly paid Dr. BAsh for 2 IMOs and I have a freeby IMo from a former VA doctor.

The only reason my claim was denied is because they said I had provided no medical evidence and they have failed to consider my IMOs.

Although my vet rep ,in 2005, was supposed to make sure the DRO addressed my Bash IMO from 2004-he came out of that meeting with the DRO obtaining a VA expert opinion and still my opinion was never read.

When I got the VA expert opinion I knocked it down with more medical evidence to include the unread Bash IMO-

still all of my medical evidence remained ignored (I had much more in addition to the IMOs from Dr. BAsh and the former VA doctor)

I recently got a fast remand due to these factors and by submitting the new August 2006 IMo from Dr. BAsh to the VARO-as this time he focused on the VA expert's opinion and totally knocked it down.

I have never had his IMOs addressed at all by the Buffalo VARO in 3 1/2 years.

Am I happy with the opinions? YES!!!! they cost me $4,000 to have someone actually diagnose the veteran properly.

The VA never did.

My husband had heart disease, transcient brain ischemia, and was given inappropriate medications.

I diagnosed all that-they didnt- unfortunately he was dead already.

I settled with the US of A for wrongful death.in 1997.

My AO claim is a new issue and of course, if the VA could not diagnose heart disease and strokes, they more than likely missed the actual cause of Rods problems -diabetes mellitus- evident in the veteran's VA records and also covered up.Dr. BAsh diagnosed the veteran with diabetes mellitus based on his VA medical records.

Dr. Bash's IMOs have never been read by the VARO- only due to an exhausting battle I had, I do have some assurance that now they will finally be read.

So in my case I have not succeeded in this AO claim yet-

because the Buffalo VARO has refused to even READ Dr. Bash's opinions.

I have sued the VARO for property destruction of my IMOs as it appears they shred them as soon as they get them-and I have sent them numerous times.

When you compare the IMOs from BAsh with their so called VA medical Expert's opinion- I have a prepoderance of evidence and a very costly claim-retrowise.

It has been to the VA's advantage to continue to ignore all of my medical evidence for over 3 1/2 years.

Medical evidence in addition to my 3 IMOs.

I cannot give you an answer as to why Dr. Bash gave you something that is lacking in your way of thinking.

All you have to do is call him up and ask him why.

If you need his west coast phone number ask here in a post-he does pick up emails and his other Bethesda calls as soon as he can.

• HadIt.com Elder

I talk to a Veteran who used to Post on Hadit that had filed his claim in 1997. The Veteran who I talk to several times a week does not Post here anymore.

He hired Dr Bash last summer and waiting 6 months he had received a 60% rating and the back pay. Dr Bash reviewed the decision and wrote another letter and now the Veteran has been informed he was granted 100% and is waiting to hear from the VA.

This guys case was complicated and had a lot of problems plus it appeared that the RO had it in for him. I also can recall of several Veterans who have posted here with Victories that they thank Dr Bash for. The point I make is you don't necessarily need Dr Bash but you damn sure need an IMO.

If I was starting over I would probably hire Dr Bash.

Good Luck

Pete

It is funny that everyone is so pro-Bash, yet where are the posters that say "I" have used him and won. I'm sure not all of the people that have used him have left the boards. Everybody knows somebody that has used him. One person in all the replies so far has used him. One says he eill go to hearing. How much will that cost? "I really do not believe he would go to your hearing." I'm sure you would have to go to DC. Another does a comparision that is rather assinine about proctology and feet. If a "Good Doctor" checks all your medical records he should see your lab results and blood sugers, etc. Also, he is a supposed expert on reading x-rays for different problems, such as spine, back, etc.

I am still awaiting response from someone other than Bound4heaven, whom I am very glad the case was won and congrats to you.

Alot of hearsays and one letter saying I used along with other Doctor. The BVA cases are all of him and others. Did the others charge $2000.

$2000 is a lot of money to most Vets and to pay that much for someone is a risk. Your own Doctor can write an IMO or maybe refer you to someone he knows and it may be quite a bit less. I, unfortunaly, learned of Bash from this board, paid $2000 for his IMO, and feel it worthless. My lung cancer, DM and neuropathy all SC from AO. I just think that all Vets hear both sides. So far there is only one with actual use, along with personal doc's report.

Callover, On 2 occasions you have posted negative things about Dr Bash. The IMO you recieved from him is based on your preparation of the claim and you must have done a poor job in order to receive a bad IMO.

Now if you want to post something regarding Veterans Claims issues on this board Please feel free to do do. for as of now your on my ignored users list.

Jstacy,

I notice you reply to most post as I guess you think you are an expert. I don't know why you are so hep on Bash. Did you use him and know of what you speak? You state" you must have done a poor job in order to receive a bad IMO." It is my job to gather records and info for Bash to write the IMO,not me. I guess you are not smart enough to know that. And next this does pertain to Veterans Claims as it could save them from wasting $2000. As for my posts I ask for people who had success with Bash, not some idiot with no info to add that just decides to make stupid. Your head is where your sitting.

Callover, On 2 occasions you have posted negative things about Dr Bash. The IMO you recieved from him is based on your preparation of the claim and you must have done a poor job in order to receive a bad IMO.

Now if you want to post something regarding Veterans Claims issues on this board Please feel free to do do. for as of now your on my ignored users list.