VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Temporary Total Disability And Your Employer

Rate this question

jd101791

Question

I recently had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee ( sc 10%) and my understanding is that I can apply for convalescence benefits because i'll be out of work for at least 7 weeks. My question is; can my employer reduce their disability payments if I get the convalescence benefits from the VA?

Edited by jd101791

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This is a good question, but I am not an expert in this area. Someone with more experience in these matters might be able to offer better advice.

It might matter if a workmans comp claim is involved, but if it is regular short/long term disability it probably should not matter.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I found this recent article that might help clarify things if you are concerned about VA compensation and workers' compensation for the same disability:

http://www.veterandisabilityblog.com/blog/veterans-disability-timeline/double-dipping-why-you-cant-get-va-disability-and-workers-compensation-for-the-same-issue

If you want to get more official advice, consider checking with a lawyer.

Thanks again guys. I am receiving short term disability from my employer ( not work related) and i'll be back to work by months end. I have a co-worker that tells me the same thing.