VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Calculating Back Pay Amount To Verify Va's Payment

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

We recently were given 100% for PTSD and my claim went back to gathering of evidence after spending a few days at pending notification. There are still a few contentions that have either been denied or not been adressed. I think that may be the reason for going back. The verbiage on the ebenefits site is: "Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed." and "Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent"

Well we got a pleasant surprise this afternoon: we received a text from our bank stating that we had a pending deposit and the amount could only be our backpay. YAY!!!

the only problem is that someone's math seems to be a little off; theirs or mine and august's payment is still being paid at my 60% rate. Can anyone with knowledge of how the backpay is calculated help me out please. I don't want to leave a penny that my family won't be able to utilize. I hope I don't sound greedy, it's just that I am not sure if there is going to be a split payment or if this is the final amount. I just want to be sure before we budget for our lives.

Current rating and pay: 60% - $1347.39 married with 4 children

Increases:

PTSD: from 50% to 100% effective date: 9/2/2013

Erectile Dysfuntion: SMC? effective date: 5/16/2014

Migraines: from 10% to 30 % effective date: 8/28/2013

Thanks for this and for everything Hadit! Once I get my letter I will post it.

-Mario

Stanval--

It's probably best if you start your own topic so more people can see your question. It's really easy, just go to forums> General claims research> Start new topic button in top right.

Permanent 100% rating and a temporary 100% rating both pay the same dollar amount.

Sorry your family has to go through this...

NavyWife,

Thanks for the response. I will move as suggested. Your response is not clear. Does it mean that it will be $3000 times 2 for both 100% ratings or just 1 $3000 monthly total for both. Thanks

Stanval--

If he is already 100% for PTSD, plus he gets another 100% rating for PC, then he should qualify for SMC S, which pays $3,358 for vet plus spouse. This is roughly an extra $300 for the 2nd 100% rating.

It's possible he might qualify for the higher level of SMC L, if in fact he is bedridden and meets certain qualifications. That would pay $3,715 for vet plus spouse. Roughly $700 more than the 100% PTSD pay rate.

Va is supposed to add the SMC S automatically. But if they don't, you need to contact them and ask about SMC S.

Here's a link with more info.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/resources_comp02.asp

http://www.purpleheart.org/ServiceProgram/Training2012/10-M-%20SMC%20final.pdf