VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va House Loan :: Berta

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Berta,

I have another question. Remember me now as I was the one asking questions all the time lol

I have a VA Loan & doubt I'll ever see it paid off as it is for 30 years Question ::: If I die & money is still owed on it & leave it to my Daughter does she have to pay the remainer of the loan or is it wrote off?

The loan is thru Wells Fargo so I have no idea how that works.

Again, I can never Thank U enough for all the help U have given me GARY

4 answers to this question

Gary, I have never forgotten you and was glad to see you back here..!!!!!

You had a long hard road and finally got the comp you deserved....we should NEVER give up!

But I cant really answer your question because I do not believe death can erase any type of loan (unless there is some sort of Mortgage insurance on it. ( it is a special life insurance policy that an insurance company underwrites, if they even do that anymore)

Do you have any life insurance with the VA that could help with the mortgage?

Maybe your daughter could assume the mortgage and then sell the house......but I have no idea how that works with a VA loan.

Others here will chime in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gary - unless you have mortgage life insurance on it, it won't be paid off. All assets and debts go to your estate. I hope you have a will and a trust. If not, it go to probate and the court and state take over. All assets get sold to pay off final expenses & debts. Be sure you at least have a will.

I helped you w/your claim back yrs ago.

pr

aka: Flip

PR

& sir,I thank U to

I only knew U as Flip so the PR threw me

OK.. Question... I'm now 100% T & P for seizures from a friendly encounter with 2 MP's in Japan lol The VA now says I have Dementia & I'm being treated for Liver Cancer

OK I'm 100% T & P with SMC at the L level , I think that's what the SMC is Question being would either of these 2 , if I put in for them do me any good to get me a better SMC rating?

My main concern is if I put in for either would that put my present 100% in jeopardy. GARY