VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C/p Examiner

Rate this question

benanna

Question

BACK IN AUGUST 2013 PRIOR TO RECEIVING NOTICE FROM MY VARO THAT THEY HAVE APPROVED MY CLAIM. I RECALL BEING IN THE C/P EXAMINER'S OFFICE FOR ONLY A VERY BRIEF PERIOD, NOT MORE THAN 10 MINS THE MOST. I DON'T RECALL HER ASKING ME ANY PERTINENT QUESTIONS TO MY PTSD CONDITION. SHE DID ASKED ME HOW I WAS FEELING PHYSICALLY. SINCE THEN, I HAVE COME ACROSS MANY WRITING CONCERNING C/P EXAMINER NOT DOING THEIR JOB LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO. NOW I AM WONDERING WHETHER I WAS BEING MIS-TREATED BY THIS C/P EXAMINER ABOUT MY CLAIM. ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TO FIND RECORDS OF MY MOST RECENT C/P EXAM? CURRENTLY, I AM WAITING FOR VARO RESPONSES TO MY NOD THAT I HAD SENT IN IN MAY OF 2014. I AM CHALLENGING MY 30%PTSD RATING, AS WELL AS WANT TO DO 'SERVICE RELATED' WITH MY HEARING LOSS AND ASTHMA. I ALSO HAVE 10% TINNITUS.

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe yes but you almost have to wait till you can review it to be sure. Welcome to Hadit

I had the same problem. The VA examiners only asked me to take a 100 question test that was not related to PTSD at all. Then asked me if I was abused as a child and if I graduated highschool. Then spent the rest of the 45 mins typing on her computer. Well my results came back saying I was malingering, not not meet PTSD and denied me and said I was more than able to gain full employment. With all the meds they have me on I can't even get out of bed anymore, don't drive at all, etc. She was a very very mean lady!!!!

Remember you can always challenge any condition bud. I was medically retired last year at 30% PTSD, filed an FDC and 7 months later it was increased to 75%. I have had over 20 C&P exams and most of them lasted no longer than 10 minutes, so that is not uncommon. Most of my fair ratings have been in those exams. Some Examiners actually do their jobs, and review all our records and notes prior to the exam. Also if you go in for a SC condition and only requesting it to be increased, the Docs only have to fill out DBQs and not do a whole new exam. My Neurologist just filled out a Migraine/TBI DBQ out for me on Wed, due to my current FDC where I requested an increase. You will be fine in the end bud. God Bless and good luck.

You can get a copy of the C & P exam results ,if it was done at a VAMC, by writing to them or stopping in to see the Privacy Act officer,at the VAMC who should be able to provide you with a form to get a copy of it.

The QTCs exams are nor released until a decision has been made by the RO (which is not fair and I don't understand why vets have not griped more about this practice)

A C & P result is critical for an IMO doctor to have, and often even without getting an IMO, the veteran can appeal by pointing out deficiencies in the exam.

I was a victim of VA's ability to manipulate what a C & P exam contains years ago.

The actual exam (I mentioned this here before) was far different from how the SOC.characterized it....and the last words of the examiner ,in the actual C & P report, would have won that claim, but of course the RO never put those words into the SOC.

Also I was able to knock down a C & P report on my deceased husband,a few years ago, which the BVA had ordered .

The remand called for a cardio doc but I got a PA. I pointed out to the BVA that his opinion was too speculative and he didn't not have the qualifications of a cardiologist. BVA agreed and they disregarded the exam.

Since many negative C & P exams are overcome by strong IMOs, I think that fact indicates just how incompetent some C & P examiners are. Or they aren't really incompetent ,but VA signs their pay check so they already know what type of C & P result the VA wants.

Edited by Berta

Oh my!!!!! My medical c%p (knees, GERD, Back pain) was done by a PA! No wonder why through his whole report he said he had to speculate. Also the c%p for mental health was as basic psychologist and only went off one note dated august 27, 2013. The whole report was based off that one note or session with psychologist before I was moved to biloxi, ms va in October 2013. So both clearly did not look over my entire record or they would have seen all the evidence!!!