VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Rating Surprise

Rate this topic

neferaM

Hello brothers and sisters!

last night I checked Ebenefits and my claim showed to be on "preparing notification" status. Today I go to the mail and I received a big white envelope. I opened and my jaw dropped when I saw that I was granted 70% service connected. I opened the claim on the 20th of February of 2014. My surprise is not only the rating, but how fast it was processed. Many people have been telling me to prepare for an uphill battle with VA. Luckly it was not the case. I claimed ptsd, tinnitus, sleep apnea, and bilateral knees. I got rated for all, with the exception of sleep apnea. I got a 0% for sleep apnea. I already did a sleep study but since I have sleeping disorders, I was unable to sleep in the study. VA schedule me for another study already but is in 4 months. I just want to share this with you guys. I am happy, 70% is good income to deal with my problems. I will deal with the rest later, but at least I can address most of my financial problems now with this. Thanks again folks for all your support and advice. I hope all of you get what you deserve.

Thanks folks! Believe me when I say that all of you have helped me very much. The emotional support and advice given is invaluable. Right now all I want to do is move forward and help other veterans. I want to pay it forward. Good luck to you all and blessings.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use