VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ragweed And Mold Spores

Rate this topic

It is amazing what an allergy sufferer can do to help alleviate allergies-

up here in Diaryland of New York the hills are a wall of ragweed (goldenrod) and it has been called the Mother of all Ragweed seasons nationwide.

I wear a paint mask to get my mail and try to stay inside alot until the first frost (never easy to do)

The pollen from ragweed comes in your home with you in your hair and on your clothes and of course A/c is great, and constant changing clothes,showers, and hair washing helps-

Of course-I have cats too like many allergy suffers-and I have special wipes for them as they carry pollen into the house. but the pollen is the worst this year it has ever been-

Also we had a rainy spell this summer that seemed endless and now people are finding mold in their homes.

I had a minor roof leak fixed last year but then I discovered 2 more leaks this year when we got severe rain storms and leaks mean mold can grow in your roof.

I have sprayed the evidence of the leaks with vinegar -a good mold killer- but I also called a roofer and am getting the whole roof replaced because I was reading about mold on the internet- I am very allergic to it, and I have to prevent more problems.

What I read about mold was pretty scary- and they say about 40 % of all homes have it.

It can have devastating health affects.

Outside moldy leaves and grass can be bad enough but mold in a home or a workplace is a mess and can cause illness.

I ripped up all my carpeting for tile- and this helps too-

as carpets attract allergens.

There is a store about 20 miles away and every time I go in it if the weather has been rainy-I feel sick-and can't wait to get out side.

I realised they have an old wet carpet over cement steps because the steps get slippery and today I noticed the carpet is full of black mold.

Just wanted to share this with all you allergy suffers. It has been awful in NY state and I imagine anywhere else where ragweed grows.

When I raised beef, and sheep and livestock I never had ragweed -they ate everything down.

now the hills look yellow up here for miles.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My C-Pap Machine which has a filter for pollen and another regular filter have greatly helped my allergies. I think breathing moist clean air really helps. Yes I have learned to love the C-Pap and I am pretty sure that it would help allergy suffers a lot.

Pete when I was in Texas I never needed to take any allergy medicine-

it is odd what one can be allergic too and another person isn't.

It sure was hot and dry and everything looked parched (Lackland AF Base) and San Antonio.

I felt like a million bucks because it was so dry but I bet the dryness can sure cause other problems.