VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible Tbi From 1985 Blast - What Should I Do?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

Recently, I submitted my VA claim but did not claim TBI but I think I should have? I was injured and an Anti-Tank Ditch Accident (!984) and a Tank Main Gun Round Explosion in 1985. In regards to the explosion, we had an M60 Tank Main Gun Round Misfire and I was about 5 feet from the main gun blast when it went off. The mainteance crew was supposed to have already pulled the firing pin when an inexperienced maintanance tech fired the tank accidently? As a result, It blew out my right ear hearing and gave me a concussion. The blast also blew me off my feet ad I landed on my head and right shoulder. So, I had a lot of physical injuries and they are part of the claim. Since that time, I've had issues with sleeping (Diagnosied Severe Sleep Apnea while in the Military), headches and some memories problems. When I asked the local VA about filing a claim for TBI I was told that it was too long ago and the VA will not consider it? I called the local VA TBI number and they said that they only concentrate on the recent IRAQ and Afganhistan Wars and it would be difficult for me to even get an appointment. When I looked at the classis TBI symptoms, it's clear that I have been affected by these symtoms for many years?

Anyway, I'm thinking about filing once my initial claim is completed..

Can anyway give me adice on what I should do next..I'm in the Seattle Area.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You can always file for anything, just remember to have whatever evidence is needed to back it up, or you will just waste your time and get frustrated in the end. God Bless and good luck.