VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine Medication?

Rate this topic

I have been prescribed migraine medication by the VA and a Army as well as had and injections for migraine headaches in the Military. Does this mean I have had a diagnosis for migraines? I look on my issues list through the VA and it only shows my MH diagnosis. How do I find this out?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you exit the military? Are you within the one-year treatment window? Either way, I would file a claim if you know you're not already rated for it.

You are diagnosed with Migraines, no problem. I just had the Injections last week, I get them every 3 months, and take Meds too, and I am rated at 30% for Migraines/TBI. I currently have a claim in for an increase. Hope your exam went well. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Your VA medical records and service medical records are two separate things. The "issues list" in your VA medical records refers to conditions identified by VA docs for which you have sought treatment. That list is not always perfectly accurate, but as you get more treatment from the VA they will add things.

Good luck on your claim

Did you claim migraines? If so, then you will have to wait on a decision if you are rated for them or not. If you didn't file a claim for them then you should submit a new claim and put migraines on them.

If you were treated in the military for migraines then it should be in your medical records. I was treated for migraines in the Navy and am rated 10% for migraines.