VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Propose To Reduce Hearing Soon

Rate this question

Reddit

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I had one of these for something else. They did not do an actual hearing for me. They just sent me a letter stating the desire to reduce rating because of the dreaded "your condition was expected to improve"; yeah, right...

If you don't do this already, I would advise you keep a daily diary/journal that tracks basic statistics like these shown below. It doesn't have to be this involved. I recommend looking up the DBQ for migraines and tailoring the type of statistics to match what it has.

- Date/Time

- Duration

- Intensity

- Prostrating (forced to lay down)

- Light/sound sensitivity

- Nausea/vomiting

- ER/doc visits

- Time lost from work or other activities

- Medication administered

On a side note, stop eating food with MSG. Tell the oriental restaurants to make your food separately because you are highly allergic to it. Also, read the labels on canned vegetables. Some of the 'seasoned' variety use it too. I can tell usually within 10 minutes after eating MSG.

I am pretty sure others with chime in to let me know if this is a good idea or share their experiences.

Do exactly as Vync recommends. That is great advice!

Remember a 30% rating is 1 migraine per month that is so bad you have to lay down in a dark room.

A 50 % rating is 2 or more per month. Also the 50 % rating they want to know that you have to leave work because the migraine is so bad.

Is it too late to just send them a letter, telling them your current frequency?

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree w/Vync and NavyWife!!! You should already be keeping a diary, documenting the dates, times, length, etc.. A diary is excellent evidence and the courts have ruled that it can be used as evidence. Remember, any statement written to the VA, that you want considered as evidence, should be written in an affidavit form (meaning sworn/signed and notarized).

If it were me, I would bring the ratings codes/descriptions for migraine headaches, so you can show them your current level, in addition to the rules regarding proposed reductions. jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Ok,my private internal medicine dr.is doing my DBQ. I have a copy of my leave balance at work,letters from my family. And all this medicine that the VA continue to change. I have some ER paper work. And co workers statement. So I hope this is enough because I am 50 percent and they want to reduce it to 30 percent

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to show how much, and when, time was lost, from work, rather than how much leave time you have left. Be sure to tell them that you should be increased, as opposed to a reduced, as your condition is worsening and interfering w/your ability to work, even part-time. jmo

pr