VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension And Heart Disease

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Saw on another Vet forum that a member wrote that heart disease is automatically assumed as a secondary condition if you are service connected for high blood pressure. Tthen another member wrrote that not just any heart diseasee, it was limited to myocardial damage and coronary occlusion. "Essentially we are talking about coronary artery disease. If you have this heart disease the connection to service connected hypertension has already been made for you by the Secretary. This is spelled out in their operating manual, M21-1MR. Any other type of heart disease, except for hypertensive heart disease of course, will require a medical opinion from your doctor"

I was service connected for hypertension, and filed a claim for atrial fibriallation, carotid artery disease (coronary artery diesease- CAD), and hypertensive heart disease. They were denied as not service connected, even though I had extensive heart tests 5 months after came off AD to confirm had enlarged heart, and CAD. I am on appeal and have filed new claim for cardiomapathy, cardiomegaly and re-filed the CAD again.

Has anyone ever hear of automatic connection for heart disease if you have SC hypertension? The actual M21-1MR was part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 4, Section E. Sounds like a CUE has been made in my claim, but not sure?? Or could have been judgement call on the part of the C & P examiner??

Vern2 :sad:

Yes, Eglin AFB dining facility has chocolate milk, carpet, free WiFi, Big screen TV, and computers to use for Internet access. Never thought much about it, but apparently Eglin is the exception. Oh, and ATM at front entrance:)