VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Remarks Section On C&p Exam - Spine

Rate this question

Julie1975

Question

Hello all. This is my first post but I have been lurking for a while and appreciate all the great advice from this network.

I received a copy of my C&P exams and was hoping for opinions on my spine ROM measurements. The examiner indicated my forward flexion ends at 60 degrees with pain at 40 degrees. On the section marked "Is there functional impact of ability to work?" he marked <YES> stating "The impact of the thorocolumbar spine condition on the claimants ability to work is moderate impairment for physical work and mild for sedentary work".

In the remarks section he indicated "There are contributing factors of pain, weakness, fatigability, and/or incoordination and there is additional limitation of functional ability of the thoracolumbar spine during flare-ups or repeated use over time. The degree of ROM loss during pain on use or flare-ups is approximately 20 degrees for flexion, 10 degree thorocolumbar extension and all other directions".

I guess my question is, will examiners read all the remarks on these exams and use the ROM in the remarks section? Or will they use the data in the 'initial range of motion' section? I'm not sure why the doc indicated 20 degree forward flexion in the remarks section but marked it differently on the 'initial range of motion'. I realize I won't know how it's read until I get my final rating but just wanted to see if anyone else has had prior experience with this type of issue.

Additional info: I've have three other ROMs (one from the VA and two from the military docs), I submitted with my claim so hopefully those will help my case (they were all under 30 degrees for forward flexion). Thanks :)

- Julie