VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Dallas Sucks

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Although I have shifted my Medical Care to my Medicare HMO I still get most of my Meds from VA mainly because of the Medicare Prescription Donut. You know when you have to pay 100% between 2250 and 5300 dollars.

My Xanax was supposed to be refilled on September 13th but was not even though ordered. Another one of the VA's foulups on a controlled substance. Funny how it only happens on my Xanax but that is another story.

I called and reordered over phone this weekend and its supposed to be mailed in 5 days. Meanwhile I tried to see if I could get some emergency as I am out and to make matters worse blood pressure is way up. Course when I called the VA I wouyld have to wait 4 or 5 minutes to speak to VA operator and than when transferred to pharmacy I would stay on hold for over 10 minutes and than it would hang up. This happened 3 tiomes over 45 minutes. Finally I called my clinic and they told me I would have to talk to pharmacy and I said great they don't answer their phones and the guy said yes I know.

I talked to Mrs Pete and we have decided to leave the VA Medical entirely and just pay for our Meds. I am going to complain and wonder if I complained to Inspector General if anything would happen?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,

i think this is a nationwide policy with the VA , I quit them along time ago because of this, and now use my private insurance, it cost more but the no hassle I get is well worth it.

20 years ago I remember leaving the VA with a big bag of med's most of which I did not understand why I had them , but now one is lucky to get a simple script filled unless you have a very good primary doc, which is far and few in between. RITE AID LOVES ME!