VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Got The Big Brown Envelope On Saturday Morning.

Rate this topic

10thFO

Well I was granted TDIU. Whew what a process. I thank everyone on this website. Still baffled by some of my stuff in the claim, but will deal with that soon enough. I may be able to save my marriage now which is priority #1. I will be working on my wife and working to see if I can help my 2 year old son grow up with out too many effects of living with a father with PTSD.

I will be paying off my two credit cards with 32% and 25% interest now, due to late payments, and trying to get our credit score out of the gutter. Hadit.com was a saving grace for me. I knew it would take a long time to process the claim from people here, and it did. I'm hoping for some surgery soon, to help with the radiculopathy in my feet and legs, then to settle into this chair and work on a couple books. i want to write one on PTSD and the effects of it on a man's life. Another on helping Vets deal with the processes. Maybe another on adoption. It might take me 20 years to write it, let's be realistic here, but if I try to do that, and try to help out some other vets, at least I will feel I have a purpose. Hard enough to deal with my issues without feeling like a slug.

Once again everyone, Thanks a bunch! Now I'm going to file for Social Security. T'bird I'll be donating a little to the lovely site here once I get the money. Funny got the letter two days after decision still wondering where the money is :D

With the help of this site, I did the claim alone, took awhile. But here's the best thing I got out of it. The DAV rep did not want me to file an appeal on my claim, just to submit a TDIU form, I refused and filed the paperwork straight to the RO. Well my way instead of his way garnered another 12K. Thank you Hadit.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

10Th,

Great news and CONGRAT's. Kick back and take a deep breath then go after your SSDI benefits.....I wish you the best of luck with your wife, maybe this will help things along.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats as you make your payments on time your credit score will go up. Would not hurt to call your credit card people and explain that you finally got your claim and would like them to consider a lower interest rate as you make regular payments.

You will be surprised at how fast it will go. Do something nice for yourself and family you certainly deserve a reward after going through this hassle.

• HadIt.com Elder

YES! Good for you 10FO! Appeal everything to the DRO. They can't take anything back but you might get more and maybe an earlier effective date. I got one based on some hopital records.

WOW!!!!!! If you gave them your banking direct deposit info- the money might be in your account instead of in the mail box----

I sure would check the retro dates 10thfo- and make sure all the dependents are included in the check-

most important thing to do now is RELAX!!!! Thank God- another vet's success!!!!!!-

And give yourself and the family a nice treat!

Wonderful news!!!!!!!! Berta :D