Question Whether To File For Increase Or New Claim

13 Aug 2014
I finally received a copy of a spine doctor’s report from March 2014. The report shows that I was diagnosed with the following:
Spinal Stenosis of the lumbar region with right foraminal stenosis
Lumbosacral spondylosis without myelopathy
Degeneration of lumbar intervertebral disc
Degeneration of lumbosacral intervertebral disc
Lumbosacral Radiculitis of the right lower extremity
Hip osteoarthritis
Cervical spondylosis without myelopathy
Displacement of cervical intervertebral disc without myelopathy
Spinal stenosis in cervical region
I am service connected at 10 percent for degenerative arthritis of the thoracic and lumbar spines. My question is: When I file my claim, do I have to file separate claim for any of the above or do I just ask for increase for the degenerative arthritis of the thoracic and lumbar spines? Right hip DJD and sciatic pain in right lower extremity was also diagnosed in service in 1987 and is reflected on 15 service treatment records between 1987 and 1988 and continuity of treatment is reflected in post service treatment records up to 2012. I retired in 1988.
Additional question. Does anyone know how long it takes to get response from Dr. Bash and also how much he charges?
Will appreciate all advice

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines