VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Hearing Test Next 21 Aug

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Well here I am sitting here and got my mail today and I got another C&P on my hearing. Now that not the problem, the problem is where I will have to travel to take it. I live in Midland Ga. and my test is in Ft. Rucker Al.. I live about 30 miles from Ft. Benning Army Base and maybe 45-50 from Tuskegee AL. where I normally would go since that is where it all started. So can anyone tell me why I have to travel well over 100 miles for this. And the appointment is at 11:00 AM.

Thanks for the support on this site

Hollis,

First and most important, I hope the doctor knows what he is talking about regarding your prostate.

Your hearing doctor's comments sound good. Hope you get to 100%.

Good luck and good health.

• In Memoriam

Don't miss this C & P no matter what. No excuses, you must be there. Plan for it or have someone else drive. I is very important that you show up for this even if it is a slight invonveinence. You get travel pay anyway.

Georgia papa Don't worry. I will keep on top of this. I know how important this is. I have read to many horrible stories about us VN veterans who was exposed the AO and this is a major killer for us. Thanks for your incouragement.

Strectch, that is something I hope I will do. I will have to be in a hospital and can't go. C&P is a must for all of us.

Hollis

Do stay on top of the prostate. My PSA was 2.8 and it had risen from a 1.5 to 2.3 to 2.8 in about 7 months. I kind of insisted that the Doc. do a biopsy and he did and I had cancer in half of my prostate and it was aggressive. If I had waited for another year who knows what would have happened. Oh! this was a private doc not a VA doc. I went thru 43 radiation treatments and hormone therapy. My last PSA was .1. Remember it is your body not theirs.

thanks my friend for the great advise. I will take the results to my personal Doc and then we will start tracking it.