VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won The Battle, Still Waiting

Rate this question

ERECON 1/12

Question

Received a letter from BVA saying that I was awarded TDIU, Citation Nr. 1426163 on June 12, 2014. It is now Aug. 15 and I didn't receive my retro yet and my July and Aug. checks were still at 90%. My BVA decision is posted on their web site but I never got paid. The retro could back over 2 years or more depending on how they calculate the appeal date. My regional office is Newington, Ct. I waited four years and never called the 800# but this is driving me nuts waiting.

Berta,

It has taken a long time but every month it's another $1000 in the bank. I had a great VSO that took care of everything. I feel lucky that I won even though it took forever. Started at 50 then 80 and 90 and then TDIU. If I failed that would have been it. I couldn't get 100 unless I was dying from something and maybe not even then.

Berta,

Yes it is a long time but it will be worth it. I was at 50 and then 80 and then 90% during this period of time. The math can't be that complicated to take this long. I went to my local Congressional office on Monday and filled out some paper work about this matter.

They said that the claim is settled and it should not take this long to make the payment.

Personally, I wouldn't stir the water any more for now - you just have to wait the process out.

Your retro comp will most likely require an extra signature or two.

I would not submit or file anything further at this time, as that could throw the brakes on things,

yes it happens.

jmho

Carlie,

You are right about not doing anything else but wait. I will just go to my MH provider every 3 months and that's it. I quit the Vet Center almost 2 years ago, I think. I had nothing to talk about anymore. Thanks

Bill