VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Was Vsr Truthful

Rate this question

Mikel5711

Question

I'm new to the site hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I put in a claim sept 2013 for 3 issues. Ebennies showed I was in pending decision approval on aug 12. I received a call that day to verify my depends, while on the phone I asked what my rateing was, I was told I got a very good rateing and would be receiving a substantial amount of back pay. He said he was putting my letter together and I would recieve it at the end of the week. Right after that call Ebennies showed prep for notification. Ab8 isn't showing on Ebennies and Peggy says nothing has been mailed out yet and could be up to 39 days. Was the vsr just telling me what I wanted to hear to get me off the phone or should I be expecting something soon

Not sure if they'll deposit on weekends anyway. The experience I've always had was that deposit dates were on weekdays. I also got my retro a couple of days before actually receiving any word of the rating. Good luck!

Mark

It is possible they wouldn't be correct if your most recent rating has not been entered into the system when you checked ebenefits.

However, once a rating decision has been made the updated rating information is usually entered almost immediately. Sometimes address information may not be correct if the veteran has moved and has not notified the VA.

The January 1st date is probably the date of the last COLA increase. Your actual effective date will be the date your claim was received by the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your VSO can see what is going on currently. I would have faith that he saw something that is helpful.

Good Luck